We eat a lot of rice at our house and I always cook it in the pressure cooker. It’s super easy and cooks perfectly every time.
Since Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, today I’m sharing my quick and easy Spanish Rice recipe. The rice only takes four minutes to cook in the pressure cooker, so it’s the great side dish for almost anything you’re cooking this year for Cinco de Mayo.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- Select Sauté and add oil to cooking pot. When hot, add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice becomes opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth and salsa. Cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and set timer for 4 minutes. When beep sounds wait 5 minutes and then use a Quick Pressure Release to release pressure.
- When valve drops carefully remove lid, tilting away from you to allow steam to disperse.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve immediately.
Hip Pressure Cooking is featuring my Chunky Sweet Potato Soup recipe this week. Please stop by and check out the recipe and Laura’s great new redesign.
More recipes that would be perfect for Cinco de Mayo:
Easy Pressure Cooker Chile Colorado Smothered Burritos, Pressure Cooking Today
Spicy Chicken Soup, Pressure Cooking Today
7 Amazing Mexican Pressure Cooker Recipes, Hip Pressure Cooking
Cinco de Mayo Recipes – Cocktails & Food, Cookin’ Canuck
Carne Asada Tacos, Barbara Bakes