A quick, easy pressure cooker macaroni recipe – a creamy, delicious lemon macaroni and cheese recipe that is sophisticated enough for adults, but my mac and cheese loving kids loved it too.
One of my favorite pasta recipes on Barbara Bakes is Linguine in Lemon Cream Sauce. I was thinking about making it again last week, but decided it would be fun to turn it in to an easy pressure cooker recipe instead. I decided to combine it with the ATK Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese and the result was fantastic.
I stirred in a cup of frozen peas, and sprinkled the top with a little Parmesan cheese. This dinner is ready in less than 15 minutes, including the time it takes to pressure up. It’s quick and easy, but the sauce is rich, creamy and satisfying.
- 1 package (16 ounces) macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Mix macaroni, water, and salt together in pressure cooker pot. Lock lid in place, select High Pressure, 5 minutes cook time and press start. When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker, and do a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove lid. (If foams start to come out the valve close it an wait one minute.)
- Stir in cream cheese and evaporated milk. Select saute and simmer until sauce is smooth and pasta is tender, 1 to 3 minutes. Add additional milk if necessary for a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Turn off pressure cooker, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.