4-Minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes

4 Minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes

Thinly sliced red new potatoes quickly steamed in the pressure cooker then drizzled with olive oil infused with rosemary and garlic.

I love to grill outside in the summer. It’s quick and easy and doesn’t heat up the house. So I’m always on the look out for quick, easy, and delicious side dishes to serve along with whatever I’m grilling.

Martha Stewart Living sent me a free copy of Everyday Food: Light. The book’s tagline is The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories. It has some really great recipes for eating lighter all year round. One of the recipes in the summer section that really appealed to me was the 15-Minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes. I decided I wanted to cook them in the pressure cooker instead of the microwave, and turned them in to 4-minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes.

Red-Potatoes-in-the-Instant-Pot-Pressure-Cooking-Today

My husband used a mandoline to thinly slice the red new potatoes with a fun crinkle cut. I used my OXO Steamer to keep the potatoes out of the water, so they steam instead of boil, which makes a difference you can taste, but certainly isn’t necessary.

I picked up some boneless loin porks chops to grill, and steamed some broccoli to go along with the  potatoes and we had a delicious meal that was ready in a flash.

4-Minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes

Ingredients

• 1 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 2 springs rosemary (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)

Directions

1. Put a steamer basket in the pressure cooker pot. Add 1 cup water and the sliced potatoes. Lock lid in place, select High Pressure and 4 minutes cook time and start.
  2. Combine oil, garlic, and rosemary in a small glass dish. Cover and microwave on high until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
  3. When pressure cooker beeps, turn off pressure cooker and do a quick pressure release. Carefully remove potatoes and steamer basket from the pressure cooking pot. Pour potatoes on to a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the heat oil, garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Notes

Adapted from Everyday Food Light 15-Minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes

Don't miss out on a new recipe. Subscribe to Pressure Cooking Today by Email

Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Pressure Cooking Today when you shop!

If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #PressureCookingToday.

Comments

Leave a Comment:

1. Rita Yeazel says

I made the potatoes again last night. We had one person less for dinner, so I refrigerated the last serving and served it as a potato salad side to a sandwich or a burger. I didn’t have to add anything to it; the garlic and rosemary oil was plenty flavorful enough to season it very nicely for a light potato salad. (You could add a little more oil and/or a splash of tarragon vinegar, but I didn’t find it necessary.) So now you have a 4-Minute Rosemary-Garlic Potato Salad too! I’m going to have to double the recipe next time.

• Barbara Schieving says

Hi Mary – no, the potatoes need a longer cook time so you wouldn’t want to cook them together. You couldn’t certainly steam the broccoli first, cover it to keep it warm, and then cook the potatoes, or the other way around.

2. Natalie says

I just got my Instant Pot yesterday! I am so excited to try some of your recipes! In this post for the Rosemary Garlic Potatoes, you are using the Oxo Steamer. I need to get a steamer basket and this looks like a good one. Is the handle heat resistant (won’t melt)?

• Barbara Schieving says

Hi Natalie – I’m so excited for you! I haven’t had any problem with the handle at melting at all. I liked it so much I bought another one.

3. Rita says

Barbara, I made your wavy-cut Rosemary potatoes last night and we were so pleased with the result. So much flavor and visual appeal for so little work. And you created a recipe that could be open to many interpretations and variations.

Here’s my variation (a variation, not an improvement – it is prefect just as it is): I prepared the garlic-rosemary mixture first. I loved that you sliced the garlic, a really nice touch – I often forget about doing that!

For two servings, I used your proportions of garlic and rosemary with the 1 tablespoon oil and added 1 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt (so I wouldn’t have to salt the potatoes after cooking them) and added about 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley to the mix (optional – mostly for color).

I prefer to keep the “temperature/power” low in the microwave when doing extra-virgin olive oil, so I microwaved the mixture (in an 1100-watt oven) for 3 minutes at 40% power) which seemed pretty good. I let the mixture stand as long as it took to prepare the wavy potatoes and cook them. The longer, the better.

I used a stovetop 4-quart Kuhn-Rikon pressure cooker and the Börner waffle cutter (medium cut) and cooked the Yukon Gold potato slices for 3 minutes at high pressure (next time I might go for 2 1/2 minutes).

I had actually planned for having leftover potatoes that I could quickly saute and top with a poached egg for breakfast, but no luck. All gone! So your side dish would double for a breakfast dish too!

Love your website! You really making pressure cooking fun. Next will be your Chicken Marsala!

• Barbara Schieving says

Your comment really brightened my night. Thank you! I’m so glad you like the recipe. Thanks for sharing your variation!

4. Carol says

It looks like you had one AMAZING dinner Barbara. I have a steam basket a lot like that one that I would have NEVER thought to use in the pressure cooker. AND I have a mandoline with a ridge cutter blade. I have to give these a try-they look so good.

Thanks for the great idea-we do love our potatoes. :)

Trackbacks