This is my pressure cooker version of Skinny Taste’s popular copycat recipe for Chipolte’s Cilantro Lime Rice. The lime and cilantro give this rice a bright, fresh flavor, perfect as a side dish with your favorite Mexican meal, or as the base of a burrito bowl the way they serve it at Chipolte’s.
The cook time is reduced from 15 minutes to three minutes, but that isn’t the main reason to cook it in the pressure cooker. The pressure cooker makes perfect rice every time. In fact, I got rid of my rice cooker because it was always burning the bottom of the rice. In the electric pressure cooker, you just set the time, walk away and come back to perfectly cooked rice.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the rice, water, 1 tablespoon oil and salt to the pressure cooker pot. Stir. Lock lid in place. Select high pressure and 3 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn pressure cooker off and use a natural pressure release for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes do a quick pressure release.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon oil. Add rice and toss until thoroughly mixed.
More pressure cooker rice recipes you might like: