These Pressure Cooker Maple Dijon Mustard Pork Chops are quick and easy dish to make! You’ll love these tender, moist pork chops packed with sweet and savory flavors, and a slight kick of spiciness.
Hi there! This is Amy + Jacky, the husband and wife team from Pressure Cook Recipes.
Thanks Barbara for having us here and thank YOU so much for dropping by! 🙂
We love our pressure cookers and are CRAZY about delicious food!! We enjoy spending hours researching, testing, and tasting recipes together in our kitchen.
This month, we’re thrilled to share our newest pork chops creation with you! Pork chops are one of our go-to food, especially for those busy (or lazy…) weeknights. Quick, easy, budget-friendly, and flavorful.
- Pork chops (bone in or boneless)
- Small onion
- Peanut oil
- Unsalted homemade chicken stock
- Maple syrup
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Cornstarch + water
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Recipe Cooking Tips
Tender Pork Chops: Since pork chops cook in a flash, it’s easy to overcook them in the pressure cooker. And who likes a tough and dry overcooked pork chop?
In order to save future pork chops from being overcooked, we did a little pork chops experiment. Yes, we pigged out on 5 batches of pork chops in a row (luckily there’s 2 of us), so we could find the optimal cooking time for the recipe.
We found that pressure cooking at High Pressure for 1 minute, then a Natural Release gave the most satisfying result.
Also, tenderizing the meat in Step 1 is important as the pounding breaks up the meat fibers. However, be careful not to over-pound the meat.
Have a wonderful September and happy cooking!~
Amy + Jacky
- 4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless, 1.25 inches thick)
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted homemade chicken stock
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Tenderize the pork chops with a meat tenderizer or Chinese cleaver.
- Generously season the pork chops with black pepper and salt.
- Brown pork chops with peanut oil for roughly 1.5 minutes per side and set aside.
- Sauté the onions for roughly 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken stock and fully deglaze with a wooden spoon.
- Add in maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and paprika. Mix well.
- Place browned pork chops back into the pressure cooker. Secure lid and cook at High Pressure for 1 minute + Natural Release.
- Open the lid and set pork chops aside. Taste and season the sauce if necessary. Slowly stir in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce until desired thickness.
- Optional: Pour the sauce onto the pork chops and put them under a broiler for a minute.
More Easy Pressure Cooker Meals from Amy + Jacky:
One of our Most Popular Recipes: Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in HK Onion Sauce Recipe – Tender & moist pork chops soaked in rich onion sauce. Your family (including kids) will love this sweet, savory & sour umami dish that’s super easy to eat!
Instant Pot Beef Stew – Soul-satisfying classic American Beef Stew in ~1.5 hours. Tender chuck roast in a rich, hearty sauce.