Tender, cheesy chicken meatballs in a rich, creamy ranch sauce. A quick and easy meal that’s loaded with flavor.
These Pressure Cooker Chicken Parmesan Meatballs in a Creamy Ranch Sauce were a big hit at my house. Genene Abraham shared the recipe in a couple of Instant Pot Facebook groups. She sent it to me to when I mentioned I’d like to give it a try.
Genene said she was looking forward to seeing what changes I would make, and the first one I made was to brown the meatballs in a skillet instead of the oven. We’ve been having 100 degree days this summer and the air conditioner has been working overtime without turning on the oven. Browning the meatballs after pressure cooking is a great technique and adds lots of flavor.
A second change I made was to use Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix instead of Ranch Dressing in the sauce. I had a Costco size container of Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix so I substituted the mix and added sour cream to the sauce along with a little lemon juice.
I served the Pressure Cooker Chicken Parmesan Meatballs over rice but it would be great over noodles as well.
Definitely give this one a try. Thanks Genene for sharing it!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In mixing bowl mix ground chicken, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, parsley, salt & pepper, and egg . Form into golf ball size meatballs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and ranch dressing seasoning mix to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine. Spray a trivet or steamer rack with non-stick cooking spray. Place the trivet into the pressure cooking pot and place meatballs on the trivet. Lock the lid in place. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. When timer beeps, do a natural release for 5 minutes, then use a quick pressure release to release the remaining pressure.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. Add vegetable oil and quickly brown meatballs one two sides.
- Select saute on the pressure cooker and bring the chicken broth to a gentle boil. Whisk in cream cheese. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the pot. Simmer until sauce thickens. Stir in lemon juice and sour cream.
- Remove the pressure cooking pot from the pressure cooker and add the meatballs to the sauce and stir to combine. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over white rice or noodles. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.