A comforting bowl of Pressure Cooker Chicken Porridge is always a good way to start a cool autumn day. Simple, healthy, and delicious!
Hi there! This is Amy + Jacky, the husband and wife team from Pressure Cook Recipes.
Thanks Barbara for having us here and thank YOU so much for dropping by! 🙂
We love our pressure cookers and are CRAZY about delicious food!! We enjoy spending hours researching, testing, and tasting recipes together in our kitchen.
This month, we’re thrilled to share one of our easy go-to recipes with you – Chicken Porridge!
Rice Porridge is not only a staple in the Chinese food culture, it’s definitely one of our favorite comfort food. This thick & creamy porridge full of chicken flavors is soothing, filling, and easy to digest. Perfect comfort food for cold or sick days.
8 Simple Ingredients
- Shredded cooked chicken breast
- Jasmine rice
- Unsalted homemade chicken stock
- Sesame oil
- Sea salt
- Ground white pepper
- Chopped green onions
Recipe Cooking Tips
- Step 6: Be sure to add the shredded cooked chicken breast after turning off the heat, as you wouldn’t want to eat dry chicken breast!
Life is too short for boring food. Enjoy & happy cooking!~ 😀
Amy + Jacky
- 1 ½ pounds (680 grams) shredded cooked chicken breast
- 160 grams Jasmine rice
- 6 ½ cups unsalted homemade chicken stock or (3 cups unsalted homemade chicken stock + 3 ½ cups water)
- 1 tablespoon (10 – 15 grams) ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped green onions and ginger
- Rinse rice with cold running tap water and drain well.
- Place 1 tbsp ginger, 160g Jasmine rice, 6 ½ cups chicken stock in the pressure cooker.
- Lock the pressure cooker’s lid in place and pressure cook at High Pressure for 35 minutes. Turn off the heat, then 15 minutes Natural Release.
- Season shredded cooked chicken breast with 1 ½ tsp sesame oil, sea salt and ground white pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Open the lid carefully, bring the rice porridge to a simmer over medium heat. Stir until desired consistency and season with sea salt (we used 1 ¼ tsp).
- Turn off the heat and add the shredded cooked chicken breast to the rice porridge.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and ginger and serve.
More Easy Pressure Cooker Meals from Amy + Jacky:
How to Make the Juiciest & Moistest Chicken Breast in Pressure Cooker – Secret to the Juiciest & Moistest Chicken Breast? Brining or No Brining? Low or High Pressure? After 18 tests in our kitchen, we think we found the answer. 🙂
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast – We got tons of questions about pot roast in the pressure cooker, so we did a little experiment & developed this Hearty Pot Roast Recipe with a rich umami gravy!