Tender bite-size pieces of chicken in a sweet, spicy orange sauce. This delicious Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken can be on the table in about 20 minutes.
When I posted my Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe in January, Elinor, a Pressure Cooking Today email subscriber, emailed me and asked if I would post an orange chicken recipe. Since my family loves orange chicken too, I was happy to create a Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken recipe.
The Recipe Critic has a popular slow cooker orange chicken that uses orange marmalade as a short cut to give the sauce a bright orange flavor without having to reduce orange juice. I changed the recipe from a slow cooker recipe to a pressure cooker recipe and added a little chili garlic sauce to spice it up just a little bit to balance out the sweetness.
Instead of rice, I served the orange chicken with zucchini noodles and carrot noodles. I love my Spiral Vegetable Slicer. The noodles are fun to make and fun to eat. I just quickly sauted them in a frying pan when the orange chicken was finished cooking.
I served this when my daughter and grandsons were visiting and everyone loved it. Definitely give this one a try. Thanks for the suggestion Elinor.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water + 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 green onions, chopped, optional
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Add chicken, soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine. Pressure cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. When timer beeps, turn pressure cooker off and do a quick pressure release. Add marmalade to the pot and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 3 tablespoons water and add to the pot. Select Saute and simmer until sauce is thick and syrupy.
- Serve topped with green onions and red pepper flakes if desired.