Strips of fork-tender flank steak in a spicy orange sauce. No need to buy Chinese take out when it’s so quick and easy to make at home.
This recipe is adapted from a slow cooker recipe I found on Melanie Makes. I knew when I saw it, it would make a fantastic pressure cooker recipe as well. I’ve talked before about how slow cooker recipes are easy to adapt to the pressure cooker. If you have a favorite slow cooker recipe, try converting it to a pressure cooker recipe. You may like it even better.
My family enjoyed this recipe The sauce gets a rich flavor from the browned beef, and the fresh orange juice really brightens the sauce. I reduced the red pepper flakes in the recipe below because it was too spicy for my family, and we like things spicy. If your family doesn’t like it very spicy, I would reduce it to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
I based the cook time for this recipe on my Beef and Broccoli pressure cooker recipe, which is another quick and easy meal that you should try if you haven’t.
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned - do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- When all meat is browned select Sauté and add garlic to the pot. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and orange zest to the pot. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
- Serve over rice; garnish with additional orange zest, green onion and red pepper flakes if desired.