These easy-to-make Pressure Cooker Sweet BBQ Meatballs are a popular, classic party appetizer made with only 3 ingredients.
Welch’s calls them Slam Dunk Meatballs, or you may know them as Grape Jelly BBQ meatballs. Traditionally these meatballs are cooked in the slow cooker, but I decided to speed things up and make them in the pressure cooker.
Now instead of waiting over three hours and 30 minutes for them to cook, these Pressure Cooker Sweet BBQ Meatballs are ready to serve in about 25 minutes, and that includes the time it takes for the pressure cooker to come to pressure.
I bought my meatballs at Sam’s Club and thought they had a good flavor. I tested this recipe with the turkey meatballs from Costco, but they didn’t hold together very well and I didn’t like the flavor, so I wouldn’t recommend them.
Serve the meatballs with toothpicks and extra sauce on the side. I also made meatball sandwiches with leftover meatballs, and my kids loaded the sandwiches up with the extra sauce.
If you’re looking for a delicious, super easy appetizer for upcoming holiday parties give this one a try.
- 1 bag (48 ounce) frozen fully cooked beef meatballs
- 18 ounces BBQ Sauce (I used Masterpiece Original)
- 18 ounces grape jelly
- Add 1 cup water to pressure cooking pot. Place a steamer basket in the pressure cooking pot and add frozen meatballs. Pressure cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.* When timer beeps, release the pressure with a quick pressure release. Remove steamer basket and meatballs from the pressure cooking pot.
- Discard cooking water and add BBQ sauce and grape jelly to pressure cooking pot. Select Sauté and cook, stirring frequently, until jelly is melted and the sauce is smooth. Add heated meatballs and stir to combine.
- Switch to keep warm setting until ready to serve.
You might also like: