Now that summer is in full swing, it’s the perfect time to use your pressure cooker to make quick meals for your family without heating up the kitchen. This recipe with chicken thighs in an Asian style sweet and sour sauce cooks in only 9 minutes in the pressure cooker.
This recipe is adapted from one that I posted on Barbara Bakes. It’s origianlly a slow cooker recipe and my husband suggested I turn it in to a pressure cooker recipe. The recipe was originally posted by Deb on Taste and Tell and she adapted it from More Make it Fast, Cook it Slow. It’s perfect paired with Pressure Cooker Brown Rice.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons Sriracha chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Add garlic, chili sauce, soy sauce, ketchup and honey to pressure cooking pot. Stir to combine. Add chicken to the pot. Cover pot and lock lid in place.
- Select High Pressure and 9 minutes cook time. (It will take about 10 minutes to reach high pressure.)
- After 9 minutes cook time, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. After sauce thickens, add fresh basil to the sauce.
- Serve over rice.