This quick and easy side dish of Instant Pot Rosemary New Potatoes is perfect for summer grilling! With minimal prep work and a four simple ingredients, you’ll have a family favorite dish!
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe: It couldn’t be easier to throw together this simple rosemary potato dish. Plus, it pairs perfectly with your favorite grilled meats.
This recipe is adapted from a Martha Stewart Living dish in the book Everyday Food: Light. I loved the herby and light flavors in the dish, so I adapted it for an Instant Pot.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
Here’s what you need for this herby Instant Pot potato dish:
- New potatoes. These are small, young potatoes. You can use any color.
- Olive oil. This infuses the potatoes with a rich, floral flavor.
- Garlic. Using fresh garlic adds a wonderful allium flavor. Feel free to use more if you love garlic!
- Rosemary. You can use dried if you prefer.
How to Make Rosemary New Potatoes in an Instant Pot
Start by placing a steamer basket into the pressure cooker pot. Add a cup of water to the pot and add the sliced potatoes to the steamer basket. Cook on high for four minutes.
Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the oil, garlic, and rosemary. Cover the dish and microwave until fragrant, about 1 minute. When the cook time ends, do a quick pressure release.
Carefully remove the steamer basket with the cooked potatoes from the Instant Pot. Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet or serving dish, then drizzle with the infused rosemary oil. Season with salt and pepper, then serve!
My husband used a mandoline to thinly slice the red new potatoes with a fun crinkle cut.
Using a steamer makes a difference in texture that you can taste, but certainly isn’t necessary.
Important Tips for Making Instant Pot Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
Fresh rosemary adds a punch of flavor to these sliced potatoes.
To prepare the rosemary, remove the green leaves from the woody stem of the herbs. Place the leaves on your cutting board and chop them into a fine green powder.
We cook the oil in the microwave for a shortcut. However, you can also do it on the stovetop. Just use a small skillet and cook until the oil is fragrant and warm.
Frequently Asked Questions about Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
New potatoes are small, round potatoes. They’re usually found in mesh bags at the grocery store. And the great part is that using new potatoes means no peeling! Just wash and slice!
Yes, you can use any color new potatoes you’d like for this recipe.
Using a mandolin makes it much easier to slice the potatoes into even pieces that cook at the same time. If you don’t have one, no worries. Just use a sharp knife and slice as evenly as possible.
MORE Instant Pot Potato Recipes
Recipes you can make with this or other recipes you might like:
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes are an easy side dish for any weeknight protein.
- Creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are a staple on our family holiday table. They’re delightfully light and fluffy.
- Instant Pot Potato Soup with Bacon & Cheese is a fully-loaded and comforting dinner with smoky, rich flavor.
Do you LOVE this recipe?
Leave us a review below to tell us why!
- 1 pound new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 springs rosemary, chopped very fine (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- Pour 1 cup water in the pressure cooking pot. Place a steamer basket in the cooking pot, then add the sliced potatoes. Lock lid in place, select High Pressure and 4 minutes cook time.
- With the potatoes steam, combine oil, garlic, and rosemary in a small glass dish. Cover and microwave on High until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- When the cook time ends, use a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid. Carefully remove the potatoes and steamer basket from the cooking pot.
- Pour potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the heated oil, garlic, and rosemary mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Adapted for the pressure cooker from Everyday Food Light 15-Minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
FOR MORE FROM PRESSURE COOKING TODAY
🥘 Browse our collection of the best pressure cooker / Instant Pot recipes.
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates.
👥 Join our Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group. Our positive community of pressure cooking fans use all brands of electric pressure cookers, so it’s a great resource if you have questions about your particular brand.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just Instant Pot recipes, follow us at Barbara Bakes. There we post amazing breakfasts, breads, and the best dessert recipes!