An easy, cheesy, creamy and delicious one-pot meal cooked in the pressure cooker and ready to eat in about 15 minutes.
Today I’m featuring a pressure cooker recipe from Barns & Noodles. On Barns & Noodles, Aimee share her family’s favorite, simple recipes. She uses her 6 qt. Fagor stovetop pressure cooker to get meals from the fridge to the table quickly. She loves her Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice recipe because it’s a flavorful one dish meal that’s totally tasty without much effort!
Update: Unfortunately, the Barns & Noodles site is no longer available. Here is a slightly adapted version of the recipe.
Making Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this delicious Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/3 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Select saute and preheat pressure cooking pot. Add oil to pressure cooking pot. Add the cubed chicken and onion. Briefly saute until onion is translucent.
- Add rice, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to combine. Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and 5 minute cook time. When timer beeps, use a quick pressure release to release the pressure.
- Whisk together the flour and milk. Select saute and add flour mixture and broccoli; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and cook for 2 more minutes or until combined and broccoli is warm throughout.
Notes: slightly adapted from Barnes and Noodles.
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1
Crock-Pot 6 Qt 8-in-1 Multi Cooker
The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 200 Fast and Foolproof Recipes for Every Brand of Electric Pressure Cooker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 95mg Sodium: 857mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 34g