Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are the easiest, most flavorful way to enjoy thinly sliced beef in a garlic-rosemary au jus dipping sauce.
Looking for a quick and easy lunch or dinner that’s cheesy, crispy, flavorful and juicy? This Instant Pot French Dip Recipe checks all of those boxes. Make tender sliced meat and the dipping jus all in one pot with your pressure cooker.
Update: This is a long-time family-favorite recipe. I’ve updated the post with new photos and tips so your family can enjoy delicious sandwiches too!
Making Easy French Dip Sandwiches in the Instant Pot
To get perfectly thin slices of beef, I usually ask the butcher to slice it for me. However, you can slice it yourself if you have a whole roast on hand.
💡 Tip: I recommend freezing the roast for about 30 minutes before slicing. Meat is easier to slice when it’s slightly frozen.
If you’re worried about the meat curling up on your sandwiches, you can make small slices every half inch along the side of the roast. This will break up the fat and prevent the meat from curling as it cooks.
Homemade Onion Seasoning Mix
We usually use a store-bought onion seasoning packet, but you can also make a great seasoning from scratch with this recipe.
Can I Double the Recipe?
Yes, as long as your pressure cooking pot is large enough, you can double the recipe. There’s no need to change anything in the cooking time.
Freezer French Dip Recipe
If you’re planning ahead, you can prepare a freezer dinner of French Dip Sandwiches. To do so, freeze the sliced meat as flat as possible in a zip-top bag.
You can prep the broth and spices in advance too separately from the meat. If you use frozen broth, however, it will increase your time coming to pressure. There’s no need to change the cooking time for frozen meat.
More Quick Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Looking for more flavorful one-pot meals? After your French Dip Sandwiches, try these recipes next:
- Instant Pot Beef and Cheddar is another favorite cheesy, meaty sandwich recipe to try in the pressure cooker
- Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos is a family-favorite way to enjoy southwest flavors for dinner.
- Instant Pot Chile Chicken Verde from Two Peas and Their Pod is a quick, healthy 4-ingredient dinner.
Do you LOVE this recipe?
Leave us a review below to tell us why!
- 1.5 pounds boneless beef top round roast, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon finely crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 sub rolls, sliced lengthwise
- 8 slice provolone cheese
- Butter, softened, for toasting the sub rolls
- Place beef, broth, soup mix, rosemary, and garlic powder in the pressure cooking pot. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and 10 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Finish with a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove meat from broth. Strain broth and skim off any fat.
- Butter and toast sub rolls under the broiler. Top the toasted rolls with meat and two slices of cheese. Broil again just until cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Serve with broth in small cups for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1210Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 291mgSodium: 2352mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 95g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
At Pressure Cooking Today, we believe in making real food with fresh and familiar ingredients.
🥘 Browse my collection of the best pressure cooker recipes here on my website (some of my most popular recipes include Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli and Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork).
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates. Or join my Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group to connect with other pressure cooking fans.
✉️ Or you can join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just pressure cooker recipes, I share my other adventures in the kitchen over at Barbara Bakes. You’ll find some amazing breakfasts and breads, along with the best dessert recipes! Check it out today!