These fork-tender, fall-off-the-bone pressure cooker pork chops in mushroom gravy is a long-time family favorite. Serve over creamy pressure cooker mashed potatoes for the perfect old-fashioned comfort food.
When we were newlyweds, one of the meals my husband asked me to make was pork chops in mushroom gravy. It was a recipe that his mom made often, and it was one of his favorites. It has been on regular rotation at my house as my kids were growing up and now it’s one of my grandkids’ favorites!
We used refer to this meal as “pork chops the long way” because I used to put the pork chops in a roasting pan and cook them for hours. However, I can now make them in the pressure cooker in only 18 minutes at High Pressure!
Be sure to brown the pork chops well so you get lots of caramelization on the bottom of the pan—these browned bits are full of flavor that will take your gravy to the next level. Also, you can replace the lemon pepper with your seasoning of choice and adjust the seasonings to your family’s tastes.
I don’t use canned soups often in recipes, but this recipe is a rare exception—after 40 years, I wanted to keep the flavors exactly as they were. However, when using canned soups in the pressure cooker, be sure to add lots of liquids and stir until the soup is well combined. If you prefer not to use canned soup, feel free to substitute your own from-scratch cream of mushroom soup. See page 226 of The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for my take on a completely from-scratch version of this recipe.
Making Easy Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use, and your Instant Pot can help you create these Easy Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy!
Update: This Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy is a reader-favorite recipe, so I’ve updated the post with a video so you can see for yourself just how easy it is to make!
- 4 bone-in thick pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Lemon pepper
- Pat chops dry and season liberally with lemon pepper (or your favorite seasoning).
- Put oil in the cooking pot and select Browning (or Saute on the Instant Pot). When oil begins to sizzle, brown the pork chops on both sides. (You may have to brown one or two chops at a time, depending on the size of the chops.) When browned, remove to a platter.
- When you've finished browning the pork chops, add the water to deglaze the pan and stir to loosen any brown bits from the pan. Stir in the cream of mushroom soup. Return the pork chops to the cooking pot along with any juices that may have accumulated on the platter.
- Lock lid in place and select High Pressure. Set timer for 18 minutes and press start. When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker and allow the pressure to release naturally (approximately 15 minutes; however, if you're in a hurry, you can also use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release). When valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove chops to a large serving bowl. If necessary, thicken gravy in cooking pot on simmer with a slurry of water and flour. Pour gravy over chops to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 879mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 42g