Fork-tender, fall-off-the-bone Instant Pot Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy with cream of mushroom soup are a favorite comfort food dinner over fluffy mashed potatoes.
When we were newlyweds, my husband would ask me to make his mom’s recipe for pork chops in mushroom gravy. Ever since, I’ve been making this family-favorite recipe regularly for weeknight dinners.
When I started making pork chops in the pressure cooker and realized I could cut the cook time by more than half without sacrificing that succulent texture, I’ve never looked back.
If you love the deep flavor and buttery texture of slow-cooked pork but don’t want to keep the oven on all day long, this fast pressure cooker pork recipe is for you.
Update: This recipe is one of the favorites from our Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook, so I’ve updated the post with helpful tips to avoid the burn notice and new photos. Enjoy!
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
We used refer to this meal as “pork chops the long way” because I used to put the pork chops in a roasting pan and cook them for hours. However, they take just 18 minutes at High Pressure to come out tender and delicious!
💡 The secret to lightning-fast, flavor-packed mushroom gravy without a long ingredient list? A can of cream of mushroom soup.
By cooking your pork chops directly in the soup, you end up with fall-off on the bone tender meat that’s infused with real mushroom flavor. And there’s no need to make a separate gravy or sauce to drizzle over your pork chops.
Be sure to brown the pork chops well so you get lots of caramelization on the bottom of the pot. These browned bits, called fond, are full of flavor that will take your gravy to the next level.
Other Seasoning Ideas
If you don’t have lemon pepper, you can replace it with your dried seasoning of choice.
It’s a pretty versatile recipe, so feel free to add your family’s favorite seasonings and spices. Let me know if you find a new favorite flavor combination, I’d love to try it!
If you prefer not to use canned soup, feel free to substitute your own homemade cream of mushroom soup. See page 226 in The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for an easy from-scratch soup recipe that goes great with these pork chops.
What to Serve with Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy
We love to serve this dish over creamy and fluffy Instant Pot mashed potatoes.
💡 If you’re using one Instant Pot, cook the potatoes first. Then cover them tightly with foil while you cook the pork chops and gravy
If you prefer a grain-based side dish, try easy white rice or brown rice. Thanks to the rich, mushroom-packed sauce, that’s all you need to make a complete meal that’s filling and satisfying on a chilly night.
More Instant Pot Pork Chop Recipes
Do you love how fast and easy it is to make juicy pork chops in the pressure cooker? Try these other Instant Pot recipes next:
Do you LOVE this recipe?
Leave us a review below to tell us why!
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- Lemon pepper or your favorite spice blend, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons cold water, optional
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, optional
- Cooked mashed potatoes or rice, for serving
- Pat chops dry and season liberally with lemon pepper (or your favorite seasoning).
- Select Saute (adjusted to more) to preheat the pot. When hot, add the oil. Once it begins to sizzle, brown the pork chops on both sides. (You may have to brown one or two chops at a time, depending on the size of the chops.) When browned, remove to a platter.
- Add the water to deglaze the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the pork chops to the cooking pot, along with any accumulated juices. Carefully spoon the cream of mushroom soup on top of the pork chops. Do not stir into the water.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and 18 minutes cook time. When the cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then finish with a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Stir gently to incorporate the mushroom gravy, if needed, then transfer the pork chops to a large serving bowl.
- If you prefer a thicker gravy, select Saute. In a small bowl, whish 3 tablespoons cold water with 3 tablespoons Wondra flour until smooth. Add 1 cup gravy to the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Slowly stir this mixture into the gravy in the cooking pot. Pour the gravy over chops to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 574Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 941mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 44g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
At Pressure Cooking Today, we believe in making real food with fresh and familiar ingredients.
🥘 Browse my collection of the best pressure cooker recipes here on my website (some of my most popular recipes include Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli and Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork).
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates. Or join my Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group to connect with other pressure cooking fans.
✉️ Or you can join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just pressure cooker recipes, I share my other adventures in the kitchen over at Barbara Bakes. You’ll find some amazing breakfasts and breads, along with the best dessert recipes! Check it out today!