Get your new pressure cooker out of the box and get cooking! In this post, I’ve compiled a list of easy-to-make pressure cooker recipes for the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, Crockpot Express, Power Pressure Cooker XL, or any other brand of electric pressure cooker!
Many of you got a beautiful, brand new electric pressure cooker for Christmas and you’re wondering what to cook first. Today I’m highlighting a few of my favorite easy recipes for the electric pressure cooker that are super easy and super delicious.
Easy Recipes for the Electric Pressure Cooker and Instant Pot
The pressure cooker and soups are a perfect match. With many of these recipes, you just throw the ingredients into the pressure cooker and come back to a fabulous soup!
Large cuts of meats that would cook all day long in the slow cooker are done in less than 90 minutes in the pressure cooker.
By cutting the meat into small pieces before cooking, you can have a great-tasting meal on the table quickly.
Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef
Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Pressure Cooker Chicken Lazone
Easy Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy
Pressure Cooker Stuffed Green Peppers Casserole
Pressure Cooker Chinese Lemon Chicken
Rice & Sides
When you have a pressure cooker you don’t need a rice cooker! The pressure cooker makes perfect rice every time. Here’s a couple of my favorite, easy-to-make rice recipes.
Quick Pressure Cooker Potato Salad (you cook the eggs and the potatoes at the same time!)
Saffron Almond Rice Pilaf
Lemon Rice in the Pressure Cooker
Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice in the Pressure Cooker
Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Desserts are my favorite part of the meal, and I have some fantastic dessert recipes for the pressure cooker. (I even made a book full of cheesecake, cake, pie, and other dessert recipes!)
Steel Cut Oats are better tasting and easy to make in the pressure cooker. Or try an easy crustless quiche/frittata. And once you’ve cooked hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker, you’ll never want to cook them another way ever again!
>> That’s it! You’ve completed the Getting Started Guide!
Now that you’re more comfortable using your pressure cooker, try adapting your favorite recipes for the pressure cooker.
Before long you’ll be wondering how you ever cooked without your pressure cooker, and whipping up more sophisticated desserts like my Nutella Rolo Cheesecake.
The Getting Started Guide Series
- Pressure Cooker Parts Reference Guide
- Choosing a Pressure Release Method
- Water Test Run for the Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker
- Make Your First Meal in Your Pressure Cooker
- Easy Recipes to Make in Your New Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker
Other How To Guides
- How to Get a Pan Out of the Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- How to Know Which Instant Pot Button You Should Use?
- How to Use the Pot-in-Pot Method in Your Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- How to Convert a Recipe to a Pressure Cooker Recipe
- How to Pressure Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts
- How to Cook Pasta in the Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker
- How to Make Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake