A huge collection of the BEST easy to make recipes for the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, Crockpot Express, Power Pressure Cooker XL, or any other brand of electric pressure cooker!
Many of you got a beautiful, brand-new electric pressure cooker for Christmas, and you’re wondering what to cook first!
Today I’m highlighting a few of my favorite easy recipes for the Instant Pot, Power Pressure Cooker XL, or any brand of electric pressure cooker that are super easy and super delicious.
Click here to pin for later
First Pressure Cooker Recipes a Beginner Should Try
If you want to slowly get into pressure cooking, here are a few recipes that will get you more comfortable with your machine.
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot White Rice. This is possibly the most simple recipe you can make in the pressure cooker. It’s like the water test, but you get rice when it’s done. 🙂
- Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken. There’s a reason I selected this easy barbecue chicken recipe for my Make Your First Meal post. Just a few simple ingredients in the pot, add some sandwich rolls, and you have an easy dinner on the table!
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Bow Tie Pasta. Make your meat sauce and your pasta at the same time in one pot.
45 Easy Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes for Instant Pot or ANY Brand
Easy Pressure Cooker Soup Recipes
The pressure cooker and soups are a perfect match. With many of these recipes, you just throw the ingredients into the pressure cooker and come back to a fabulous soup!
Chicken is one of my favorites to cook in the pressure cooker because it comes together quickly and you can cook diced chicken from frozen with no change to the cook time.
Large cuts of meats that would cook all day long in the slow cooker are done in less than 90 minutes in the pressure cooker. Enjoy tender, juicy beef without having to cook all day.
Don’t settle for dry, tough pork. Cooking pork in a pressure cooker using steam helps your meat to turn out perfect each time.
Easy and Quick Pressure Cooker Recipes
By cutting the meat into small pieces before cooking, you can have a great-tasting meal on the table quickly.
When you have a pressure cooker you don’t need a rice cooker! The pressure cooker makes perfect rice every time. Here’s a couple of my favorite, easy-to-make rice recipes.
Easy Pressure Cooker Potato Recipes
Cook your potatoes without worrying about keeping an eye out so they don’t boil over. Simply add your potatoes to the pot and focus on getting the rest of your dinner on the table.
Desserts are my favorite part of the meal, and I have some fantastic dessert recipes for the pressure cooker. (I even made a book full of cheesecake, cake, pie, and other dessert recipes!)
Your pressure cooker makes it easy to get a hot breakfast on the table even on a weekday.
How to Make These Easy Recipes in Any Brand of Electric Pressure Cooker
All of my recipes are written to work in ANY brand of electric pressure cooker, including
- Instant Pot (all models Duo, Ultra, Max, Nova, Evo, etc.)
- Power Pressure Cooker XL
- Power Quick Pot
- Ninja Foodi
- Mealthy MultiPot
- Crockpot Express
- Breville Fast Slow Pro
- Power Cooker
- Cooks Essentials
It’s impossible to list all the brands. If you have a question about a specific brand, check out my Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group. We have over 10,000 members, and odds are someone else will have your machine!)
>> That’s it! You’ve completed the Getting Started Guide!
Now that you’re more comfortable using your pressure cooker, try adapting your favorite recipes for the pressure cooker.
Before long you’ll be wondering how you ever cooked without your pressure cooker, and whipping up more sophisticated desserts like my Nutella Rolo Cheesecake.
The Getting Started Guide Series
- Introduction: How to Use Your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker Parts Reference Guide
- Choosing a Pressure Release Method
- Water Test Run for the Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker
- Make Your First Meal in Your Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- Easy Recipes to Make in Your New Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker
Other How To Guides
- How to Know Which Instant Pot Button You Should Use?
- How to Get a Pan Out of the Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- How to Use the Pot-in-Pot Method in Your Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- How to Convert a Recipe to a Pressure Cooker Recipe
- How to Pressure Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts
- How to Cook Pasta in the Instant Pot / Electric Pressure Cooker
- How to Make Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake
- How to Make Eggs in the Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
Get More Pressure Cooking Today Recipes
Here at Pressure Cooking Today, we believe in making real food with fresh and familiar ingredients.
✉️ Or you can join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just pressure cooker recipes, I share my other adventures in the kitchen over at Barbara Bakes. You’ll find some amazing breakfasts and breads, along with the best dessert recipes! Check it out today!