The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook
I could not be more proud or excited to share my cookbook, The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. with you. It’s filled with family-friendly recipes that I know my readers are going to love.
I worked on this cookbook for over two years! I collected recipe ideas where ever I went. Anything I thought looked like a great dinner my family would enjoy, went on the list to be turned into a pressure cooker recipe.
Once I had a huge list of awesome dinners, I decided to round out the cookbook with must have side dishes, breakfasts and decadent desserts.
The cookbook has 200 recipes! I’ve included 50 of the most popular recipes from Pressure Cooking Today, and created 150 all-new electric pressure cooker recipes that I’m sure will become new favorites.
If you love the recipes and pressure cooking advice I share on Pressure Cooking Today, you’re going to love the cookbook.
What people are saying about The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook
Holy Moly Barbara, I just got my cookbook and am IN LOVE! I have never seen a book that has so many recipes I want to try and I knew I had found my cooking soul mate when you included a recipe for blue-Box mac n cheese! The book is beautiful and includes so much helpful information. Thank you so much for creating it! – Kymberli
Barbara, I received your new IP cookbook yesterday and enjoyed looking at each and every delicious recipe – they are all keepers! Pressure Cooking Today has always been my favorite website for no fail recipes – and your fabulous cookbook is sure to be every bit as wonderful! Thank you! – Marian
I adore my new cookbook. Barbara Schieving, you did an outstanding job! – Theresa
Received mine on Wednesday. Love the recipes. Nice, easy, updated meals that sound sooo delicious. – Sheila
Whether you’re new to pressure cooking or have been using one for years-you NEED this cookbook. It’s the A-Z of pressure cooking-a teaching tool full of valuable information for all aspects of pressure cooking along with clearly written, easy to follow recipes. From breakfast through dinner, soups, sides, even dessert, Barbara’s got it covered. She’s even included bonus hints and tips with each recipe. There’s something to please everyone. Her Old Fashioned Potato Salad is my new family favorite-it’s so quick and easy to make and comes out perfect every time. The Strawberry Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust is rich and decadent-no one can believe it’s made in a pressure cooker. I never thought Risotto could be made in a pressure cooker-well it can, and it’s outstanding. – Carol
This is the book I’ve been waiting for! I have had my pressure cooker for almost a year. The first few months I was intimidated by it and hardly used it. Then I discovered Barbara Schieving’s wonderful website and a great facebook page she is associated with which helps tremendously to answer questions; no matter how small. This book has 200 amazing recipes that I can’t wait to make! I have already made several and each one has been beyond delicious! I’ve tried a couple other pressure cooking cookbooks and they can’t begin to compare to The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook! Along with the wonderful recipes, Barbara gives great tips! An absolute must have for anyone who has a pressure cooker! – Cheryl
Hands down the best electric pressure cooker cookbook I’ve purchased. It is full of recipes that we will love with normal, easy to find ingredients. I will definitely purchase more for gifts. – Brenda
Those are just some of the great reviews on Amazon and shared in Facebook pressure cooking groups. (If you love the cookbook as well, I’d love it if you’d leave an Amazon review as well!)
Join my new Facebook group, The Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group where you can share pictures of what you’re making from the cookbook, ask pressure cooker questions and help others on their pressure cooker journey.
THE ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER COOKBOOK is available at your favorite local bookstore, and at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, Indiebound, Powells, QuartoKnows, and in Canada at Indigo-Chapters.
A Kindle version is also available!
This cookbook was a labor of love, but I had lots of help along the way. I can’t thank my family enough, as well as my agent, editor and publisher.
Thank you to my recipe testers, Jennifer McDaniel, Genene Abraham, Carol Gage, Sigrid Trombley, Robin Turilli, Karen Agustin, Randi Brown, Chris Simmons, Jill Niemann, Janet Niemann, Amanda Sorensen, Karen Tramel, Kathy Hales, Sarah Franz, Brandie Gonzalez, Annette Franz, Helen Dalby, Stephani Dalby, Amy Maw, and Linda McKinney. The cookbook is better because of you!
Thank you as well to all my readers for your support of Pressure Cooking Today!
Errata – Corrections to the cookbook
- Beef Stroganoff recipe page 206 – The second to the last sentence of the directions should read: Add the sour cream mixture and the mushrooms to the cooking pot and stir until well blended.
- Page 22 should list the Cheesy Potatoes au Gratin on page 246.
- Grown-Up Mac and Cheese page 268 – stir in the bacon at the end after adding additional salt and pepper to taste, or garnish individual servings with bacon.
- The peanut butter cheesecake page 284 is pictured with chocolate chips in the batter but they’re not in the ingredient list. Stir in 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips after mixing in eggs, if desired.
- The Chapter 5 Index, 30-Minute Meals, has two recipe page numbers incorrect. Chicken Tetrazzini is on page 164, Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta is on page 163.
- Blue Box Mac and Cheese isn’t listed under Pasta in the Index – it’s on page 138
- Rice is missing from the index. The following are recipes that use rice:
- Maple-Almond-Raisin Breakfast Risotto – page 42
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps – page 46
- Beef and Bean Burritos
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken Tikka Masala and Rice
- Jazzy New Orleans-Style Red Beans, Rice, and Sausage
- Pork Teriyaki Rice Bowls
- Southwestern Chicken Taco Bowls
- Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole
- Italian Sausage and Spinach Risotto
- Korean Beef Rice Bowl
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Brown Rice Fiesta Bake
- Dirty Rice
- Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Ham Fried Rice
- Long-Grain White Rice
- Classic Mexican Rice
- Brown Rice
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Rice Pilaf
- Classic Risotto
- Dangerously Delicious Rice Pudding
- Coconut, Mango, and Brown Rice Pudding