Guide to the best Instant Pot gifts for any budget. From our favorite pressure cookers to must-have gift accessories and under $20 steals, these holiday presents are perfect for any cook in your life.
I truly believe that a good pressure cooker is a perfect gift! Pressure cookers make mealtimes quicker and easier than ever, so it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Whether you’re looking for ideas to put on your wishlist or looking for gifts for the pressure cooker lover in your life, this chef’s gift guide is for you.
Fully updated and expanded for 2020.
Interested in having us teach you how to start cooking in your Instant Pot?
Our Instant Pot 30-Day Jumpstart beginners course is OPEN for new students until January 14th!
Click here for details and learn how to register.
Some of the links in my posts are affiliate links.
From first-time pressure cooker owners to home cooks with multiple Instant Pot models, there’s something on this gift list for everyone. Therefore, I’ve divided the Instant Pot holiday gift guide into four categories. Click the link to jump to that specific category:
- Quick Pressure Cooker Recommendations
- Must-Have Instant Pot Accessories
- Best Gift Ideas Under $20
- Top Pressure Cooking Cookbooks
Make your holiday shopping quick and easy this year with this all-purpose Instant Pot gift guide!
Quick Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Recommendations
Wondering which pressure cooker is the best for you or for a loved one? I’ve tried so many brands and models, and here are quick recommendations for the best Instant Pot / pressure cookers for specific needs.
✅ If you’re looking for Instant Pot specific recommendations, check out my detailed Instant Pot buying guide.
❤️ All-Around Recommendation: Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 6-Quart Pressure Cooker
The Duo Evo Plus is the model I use most often at home. It feeds my hungry family without taking up too much counter space, and I really love the redesigned handles, cooking pot, and lid. It’s also reliable and an all-around great value.
💛 Best for College Students: Instant Pot Duo Mini 3-Quart Pressure Cooker
Compact, easy to store and use, this 3-quart model is perfect for students. It has all the same features as its bigger siblings, in a more manageable size. Plus, it’s surprising what can fit—most recipes on Pressure Cooking Today can fit in the 3-quart.
💚 Best for Large Families: Instant Pot Duo Nova 8- or 10-Quart Pressure Cooker
For meal preppers, entertainers, and big families, the 8-quart Instant Pot is ideal. This model cooks big batches of your favorite meals quickly, without sacrificing flavor. Right now the 8-quart Evo Plus and Duo Plus are available for an all-time low price and are great options as well. If you really feed a crowd, try the 10-quart Duo Nova.
💜 Best Two-in-One: Instant Pot 8-quart Duo Crisp or Ninja Foodi Deluxe 8-Quart Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer
Both the Duo Crisp and Foodi are great machines. If you love a crisp, golden top on your lasagna or sweet potato casserole, you’ll love this appliance. It combines the moist heat cooking of a pressure cooker with the dry, crisp heat of a convection oven/broiler to get the best of both worlds.
💕 Best for Super Fans: There are a lot of options here, including an Instant Pot designed for Star Wars fans (including a BABY YODA version new for 2020), Disney fans (Mickey Mouse), and Pioneer Woman fans.
Must-Have Instant Pot Accessories
These must-have accessories are the best gifts for Instant Pot lovers. We use all of these items frequently at my house.
In fact, these must-have gadgets can turn an electric pressure cooker into a jack-of-all-trades kitchen appliance.
From steaming to “baking,” you’re just a few accessories away from a whole new world of Instant Pot cooking options.
- Fat Daddio’s Anodized Aluminum Round 7-Inch Cake Pan is easy to use and fits snugly inside a 6-quart pressure cooker to hold ingredients and mold cakes.
- Instant Pot Sealing Ring Two-Pack. These sealing rings are a must-have item for regular Instant Pot users. The pot sealing ring needs to be replaced every two years, and they tend to absorb odors. So any avid Instant Pot cook will be thankful to have a spare ring on hand.
- A good steamer basket opens up a whole new way of cooking with your pressure cooker. (I actually have another two I use: the metal Oxo steamer and the flexible silicone basket). Steam everything from veggie side dishes to tender homemade dumplings.
- A good trivet is a gift your loved one will be using on repeat. We’re always using our Instant Pot trivet to make everything from lasagna to cheesecake! And this tall Heavy-duty Stainless Steel Trivet is a must-have for cooking pot-in-pot.
- Nordic Ware Leakproof 7-Inch Springform Pan is another must-have pan to turn your pressure cooker into a little oven. Springform pans make it easy to unmold your pressure-cooked masterpieces, like my favorite Apple Crisp.
- Instant Pot Mini Mitts. Adorable and functional! Instant Pot users will be relieved to have a pair of these perfectly sized and grippy mitts designed to firmly grasp the pressure cooking pot for easy and safe removal at any temperature.
- The Thermapen Mk4 is my absolute favorite instant read thermometer, and worth the expense. I’ve had my Thermapen for almost a decade now, and it still works as well as the day I got it. (For a budget option, try this one.)
- A good air fryer lid. You can’t go wrong with either the Mealthy CrispLid or the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid. The CrispLid is my preference for finishing dishes with melted cheese or breadcrumbs because it has a see-through design that lets you watch your food while it cooks. For air frying things like french fries or even just cooking frozen chicken nuggets, I prefer the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid.
Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Gifts Under $20
The perfect gift for Instant Pot lovers shouldn’t have to break the bank.
These are our go-to accessories under $20.
Note: Many of the items in the must-have accessories list are under $20 and are great investments. If you don’t already own the things on that list, I’d start there.
- Silicone Egg Bite Molds for Instant Pot are the best way to make perfectly cooked egg bites and adorable mini cheesecake bites in a pressure cooker.
- Instant Pot Extra Float Valve and Mini Gasket might not be the most glamourous gift, but it’s certainly practical and one that any Instant Pot lover will be relieved to have on hand when the need arises.
- OXO Good Grips Ground Meat Chopper is the key to perfectly cooking ground beef in a pressure cooker or any pot. I recommend testing it out with our American Chop Suey recipe.
- Fox Run Tart Tamper is another handy and inexpensive cooking tool that goes beyond pressure cooking. Help your loved ones make perfect cheesecake and tart crusts every time.
- Nordic Ware 6-Cup Half-Size Bundt Pan. For adventurous cooks looking to expand beyond one-pot dishes, a half-size bundt pan fits perfectly into a 6-quart pressure cooker. Plus, it ensures an elegant presentation every time.
I recommend making our festive cranberry jelly first! We also use it many times in our Instantly Sweet cookbook to make amazing “baked” sweet treats.
- OXO Good Grips Sling is for the Instant Pot user with a sweet tooth. A sling is essential to make perfect cheesecakes and much more in the pressure cooker.
- You need a good strainer set for making yogurt, and this Euro Cuisine Greek Yogurt Maker is my favorite I’ve tried.
- A Microplane zester is so useful for adding citrus flavor to any dish. I love adding lime zest to dishes like cilantro lime rice and lemon zest to my lemon steel cut oats. I also love to use it for adding grated cheeses to soups like my minestrone.
Small Shop Instant Pot Gifts
If you’re interested in supporting small businesses this year, Etsy has some wonderful Instant Pot items, ranging from
- vinyl decals (here, here, here, and here) let you personalize your pressure cooker with your favorite fandom, quotes, and jokes.
- magnetic wraps (here and here) let you change up your Instant Pot based on the season.
- Instant Pot covers (here, here, and here) are a great option if your Instant Pot lives on the counter.
- Aprons (here, here, and here) are another great option. I was given a hand-painted apron similar to this one several years ago, and it is still a favorite of mine.
Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Cookbook Gift Guide
📚 All of our cookbooks are under $20 and are perfect gifts for Instant Pot users of all levels.
Even long-time Instant Pot users can fall into a cooking funk. Inspire them with a gift of one of our favorite pressure cooking cookbooks.
Whether you’re shopping for an all-purpose introduction for beginners, someone with a sweet tooth, or on a special diet, there’s an Instant Pot cookbook for them.
These are the volumes we use again and again:
- The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 200 Fast and Foolproof Recipes by Barbara Schieving is our first cookbook, designed for cooks of all levels. This book includes everything a new Instant Pot user needs to know to get started and expert tips from our careful recipe testing. Read more about this cookbook…
- Instantly Sweet: 75 Desserts and Sweet Treats by Barbara Schieving and Marci Buttars is our sweeter take on must-try Instant Pot recipes. Even seasoned pressure cooker users might be surprised by how many delicious desserts they can make! Read more about this cookbook…
- Know a new mom or mom-to-be? The Instant Pot Baby Food & Toddler Food Cookbook by Barbara Schieving and Jennifer Schieving McDaniel takes baby from first foods to eating with the family. (The 3-at-a-time lunch section is a lifesaver.) Read more about this cookbook…
- Master the Electric Pressure Cooker by Marci Buttars is a fantastic all-around pressure cooking cookbook. If you’ve followed us, you’ll know how much we love Marci here, including her healthy recipes and big heart.
- Vegan Under Pressure by Jill Nussinow is perfect for the plant-based or vegetarian eater in your life. All of the recipes are dairy-free, egg-free, and meat-free.
- The Gluten-Free Instant Pot Cookbook by Jane Bonacci and Sara De Leeuw shows how easy and delicious it can be to make gluten-free breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and dessert in the Instant Pot.
- The Electric Pressure Cooker Soup Cookbook by Karen Lee Young is a new one I reviewed a few months ago, and it’s a great option for cold winters.
- The Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Urvashi Pitre offers incredible recipes that anyone––keto or not––will happily devour.
I hope this Instant Pot holiday gift guide helps you find the perfect gifts for your loved ones this year. (Or helps you pick out something fun for yourself!) Have fun shopping and happy holidays!
At Pressure Cooking Today, we believe in making real food with fresh and familiar ingredients.
🥘 Browse my collection of the best pressure cooker recipes here on my website (some of my most popular recipes include Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli and Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork).
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates. Or join my Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group to connect with other pressure cooking fans.
✉️ Or you can join my free email list! You’ll get just one email a week with my latest recipes.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just pressure cooker recipes, I share my other adventures in the kitchen over at Barbara Bakes. You’ll find some amazing breakfasts and breads, along with the best dessert recipes! Check it out today!