Make savory and creamy Instant Pot Paprika Chicken using frozen chicken thighs, tomatoes, oregano, and cream cheese over buttery egg noodles for an easy chicken dinner.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe: This is a kid-approved recipe that starts with frozen chicken! This fast Instant Pot chicken recipe has a sweet and savory tomato-paprika sauce and tender shredded chicken that tastes like it’s been braising all day but only cooks for 9 minutes at high pressure.
We love chicken dinner recipes that start with frozen chicken! They’re perfect for those days when you forget to take the meat out of the freezer or didn’t plan ahead. In about half an hour, you’ll have juicy shredded chicken in a herby tomato sauce.
How to Make Instant Pot Paprika Chicken Thighs
The great part is that there’s just a few minutes of sauteing before you seal up the pot and pressure cook. That way, this recipe takes about 30 minutes.
When the chicken is fully cooked after pressure cooking, shred it so it soaks up all of the rich sauce. This sauce gets its rich texture and flavor from cream cheese and a quick cornstarch slurry.
Can I Use Bone-In Chicken?
This recipe uses boneless, skinless frozen chicken thighs. But you can use bone-in thighs if that’s what you have. Simply cook at high pressure for 20 minutes and use a quick pressure release.
We love to serve the creamy shredded paprika chicken over egg noodles. However, you can use any of your favorite starchy bases or side dishes. Try our fluffy mashed potatoes, or Instant Pot white rice.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Try these other easy instant pot chicken recipes next:
Do you LOVE this recipe?
Leave us a review below to tell us why!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless frozen chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- Cooked egg noodles, for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley leaves, for serving
- Select Sauté to heat the pressure cooking pot. Add the butter. When melted, add the onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until tender. Stir in the chicken broth, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken, trying not to overlap the pieces too much. Layer the tomatoes on top. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and 9 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, use a quick release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid. Check the chicken. It should register 165°F on an instant-read thermometer. (If not, return to high pressure for another 1-2 minutes, with another quick release.)
- Remove the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth. Add the slurry to the pot. Select Sauté and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly until it thickens. Turn off the pressure cooker and stir in the cream cheese and chicken.
- Serve over hot egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 843mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
FOR MORE FROM PRESSURE COOKING TODAY
🥘 Browse our collection of the best pressure cooker / Instant Pot recipes.
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates.
👥 Join our Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group. Our positive community of pressure cooking fans use all brands of electric pressure cookers, so it’s a great resource if you have questions about your particular brand.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just Instant Pot recipes, follow us at Barbara Bakes. There we post amazing breakfasts, breads, and the best dessert recipes!