These adorable Instant Pot Tropical Mini Cheesecakes are full of island flavor from pineapple, coconut cream, and a coconut cookie crust.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe: These cheesecakes are as cute to look at as they are easy to make and fun to eat. They’re perfect for a summer dessert and topped with the most delicious pineapple sauce, made entirely in your Instant Pot!
We first made these vacation-inspired coconut cheesecakes with a sweet pineapple topping for my tropical-themed birthday party. We wanted something easy and fun to serve, and we’ve always loved making mini cheesecakes in the Instant Pot.
These certainly were a hit at the party, so we had to share them with you!
How to Make Instant Pot Tropical Mini Cheesecakes
This Tropical Mini Cheesecake recipe will work in any brand of electric pressure cooker, including the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Power Pressure Cooker XL. The three layers in these individual cheesecakes are:
- A crunchy two-ingredient cookie crust
- A creamy whipped coconut-cream cheese filling
- A sweet and sunny pineapple syrup topping
When you get a bit of each in every bite, you have a satisfying, just-sweet-enough tropical dessert for any occasion.
You’ll start by making the pineapple sauce, which is a totally delicious topping that you really shouldn’t leave out. In fact, you might want to make extra. We love to drizzle it over oatmeal and on pancakes and waffles for breakfast (or dinner!).
Then, press the cookie crust and mix coconut cheesecake batter. Make sure you’re using coconut cream for the best flavor and texture. You can usually find it right next to the canned coconut milk at the grocery store.
Layer everything into twelve 4-ounce glass jars and stack them in your pressure cooker to cook.
🛑 Note: You’ll need to use two trivets to pressure cook these cheesecakes. If you only have one, just cook the cheesecakes in two batches.
Serving Mini Pineapple Cheesecakes
We adapted this recipe from the Tropical Cheesecake recipe on page 41 of our dessert cookbook, Instantly Sweet. We wanted to use mini mason jars because they make it SO easy to serve the cheesecake. (It’s also great portion control.)
These are best served cold. So if you’re serving the cheesecakes at a party, I recommend placing them on an ice-filled tray or bowl.
Instant Pot Tropical Party Menu
For our luau birthday menu, we served these pineapple cheesecakes with:
- Instant Pot Kalua Pork
- White rice
- Air fryer coconut shrimp from Keeping it Relle, which we made in our Duo Crisp.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
Love these adorable Instant Pot Tropical Mini Cheesecakes? Try these other layered cheesecake treats:
- Robin Egg Mini Cheesecakes for the perfect Easter treat topped with malted Whoppers candies.
- Mini Cheesecake Bites are made in a silicone egg cup for a taste two-bite treat.
- Instant Pot Red White and Blue Cheesecake is the most patriotic pressure cooker dessert for the summer.
Do you LOVE this recipe?
Leave us a review below to tell us why!
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of table salt
- 1 cup coconut cookie crumbs (about 12 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Maraschino cherries, optional
To Make Topping:
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over the pressure cooking pot. Drain the pineapple through the strainer, allowing the juices to collect inside the pot. Press on the pineapple to squeeze out additional juice.
- Set the crushed pineapple solids aside.
- Select Sauté. Bring the pineapple liquid to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes until it is reduced by half (about 2 tablespoons).
- Stir in the crushed pineapple solids, sugar, and salt. Simmer until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To Make the Crust:
- Coat twelve 4-ounce mason jars with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and butter. Equally divide the crust mixture among the mason jars. Use a tamper or spoon to evenly flatten the crumbs on the bottom of the jars. (Not too tight or it'll be difficult to get the crust out when you eat it.)
To Make the Cheesecake Batter:
- In a large bowl, with a handheld electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Blend in the cream of coconut, flour, and vanilla. One at a time, add the eggs and mix just until blended. Do not overmix. Equally divide the batter among the jars (you can use a #16 scoop).
- Poor 1 cup of water into the pressure cooking pot and place a trivet at the bottom. Carefully place 6 jars on the trivet. Place a second trivet on top of the jars and place the remaining 6 jars on top. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and 1 minute cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release naturally (10-20 minutes depending on your pressure cooker). When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Transfer the jars to a wire rack to cool. Use the corner of a paper towel to soak up any water that may have collected on top of the cheesecakes. When the cheesecakes are cool, cover with the canning jar lids and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve topped with pineapple sauce and a maraschino cherry, if desired.
The total time listed does not include the 4-24 hours of chill time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR MORE FROM PRESSURE COOKING TODAY
🥘 Browse our collection of the best pressure cooker / Instant Pot recipes.
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates.
👥 Join our Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group. Our positive community of pressure cooking fans use all brands of electric pressure cookers, so it’s a great resource if you have questions about your particular brand.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just Instant Pot recipes, follow us at Barbara Bakes. There we post amazing breakfasts, breads, and the best dessert recipes!