Instant Pot Hamburgers are an easy way to make juicy hamburgers inside without firing up the grill, featuring sweet, spicy and garlicky seasoning and sweet onions.
❤️Why You’ll Love This Recipe: When you don’t want to fire up the grill, these easy from-scratch Instant Pot Hamburgers are seasoned with garlic, paprika, and sweet onion.
If you want the experience of an outdoor barbecue without a grill, try making hamburgers in your Instant Pot. The meat stays juicy and flavorful. Plus, you can add any of your favorite mix-ins and seasonings.
How to Make Instant Pot Hamburgers
The meat for these pressure cooker burgers is seasoned with a simple but powerful blend of:
- Smoked paprika
- Diced sweet onion
Together, these flavors infuse the burgers with delicious flavor as the meat cooks in the Instant Pot.
The first step in this recipe is to sear your burgers in the Instant Pot. Not only does this brown them nicely on the outside, but it helps lock in moisture and gives the burgers their signature caramelized crust and flavor.
Then, simply pressure cook the burgers on a wire rack to finish cooking through. They only need 6 minutes at high pressure.
What Kind of Beef Is Best for Instant Pot Burgers?
Because your instant pot needs some fat in order to prevent foam from forming during pressure cooking, the best beef is 80/20.
If you use leaner meat, be sure to watch for foaming (and it can get pretty messy, so I don’t recommend it).
Other Flavoring Ideas for Burgers
If you’d like to try some other seasonings for your Instant Pot burgers, try adding:
- Diced jalapenos
- Crumbled blue cheese or other shredded cheese
- Cooked diced mushrooms
- Fresh or dried herbs
You can store your onion burgers in an airtight container for up to three days. If you’re entertaining, your burgers will be totally cooked and you can sear them quickly on the grill for some nice char marks and to reheat them.
Then, simply add your favorite toppings (buns, tomato, lettuce and more onion because you can never have too much!). You can serve up juicy burgers without having to stand over the grill for the whole party.
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Ground beef makes fast and easy weeknight dinners, but you can do more than just make burgers! Try these other Instant Pot easy beef recipes next:
- Greek beef tacos are a unique twist on tacos with Mediterranean flavors served in fluffy pita.
- Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon is a classic dish with tender beef cubes in a rich and savory gravy.
- Instant Pot Beefaroni (American Chop Suey) is a cheesy, beef and satisfying pasta dinner that kids love.
Do you LOVE this recipe?
Leave us a review below to tell us why!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Toppings: avocado, lettuce, tomato, pickles, mustard, ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic. Add the meat and gently work the seasoning mixture into the meat. Divide the mixture into 4 equal patties. Place 1 tablespoon minced onion in the center of each patty and fold the onions inside with your thumbs.
- Select Sauté and preheat the cooking pot. When hot, add the oil and the patties and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side to brown. Transfer to a plate when browned.
- Add 1 cup water to the cooking pot, and scrape up any browned bits that may have accumulated on the bottom. Place a trivet in the cooking pot and place the patties on the trivet, leaving space for steam.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and 6 minutes cook time. When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Use a quick pressure release.
- When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns topped with avocado and your favorite burger toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 913mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
FOR MORE FROM PRESSURE COOKING TODAY
🥘 Browse our collection of the best pressure cooker / Instant Pot recipes.
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates.
👥 Join our Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group. Our positive community of pressure cooking fans use all brands of electric pressure cookers, so it’s a great resource if you have questions about your particular brand.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just Instant Pot recipes, follow us at Barbara Bakes. There we post amazing breakfasts, breads, and the best dessert recipes!