Instant Pot Lemon Rice is an incredibly easy, flavorful side dish for Greek recipes made with long-grain rice, chicken broth, and plenty of lemon.
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Recipe: Incredibly quick and easy, this flavor-packed lemon rice makes a delicious go-to side dish for any Mediterranean dish.
This lemon rice is based on a recipe that we’ve been making for over 40 years. We always pair it with our Greek Souvlaki, made with pork marinated overnight and quickly grilled.
When you make the rice in the Instant Pot, it cooks just as quickly as the grilled pork!
Update: We make this sunny lemon rice recipe all the time at my house, so we’ve updated the recipe with new photos and tips.
How to Make Lemon Rice in an Instant Pot
My family absolutely loves plenty of lemon in this recipe. We add a generous half cup. However, if you prefer a more subtle citrus flavor, you can add less.
The lemon zest adds a pretty color and flavor to the finished dish. For a bit of extra color and freshness, I also love using fresh parsley. However, you can easily substitute dried parsley in a pinch.
What to Serve with Greek Lemon Rice
This recipe has a distinct Greek flavor. We usually pair it with grilled pork souvlaki and a greek salad.
If you’re looking for love to serve it with these other Mediterranean-inspired dishes:
- Instant Pot Greek Beef Tacos feature soft, fluffy pita filled with herb-flavored ground beef cooked to perfection in an Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Greek Pork Tacos take the amazing flavors of pork souvlaki and wraps it up in an easy-to-eat pita “taco.”
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Shawarma is tender, juicy and full of warming spiced flavors for a satisfying weeknight meal with lemon rice.
- Mediterranean Instant Pot Fish en Papillote is light, refreshing and delicious with any Instant Pot rice dish, especially with fresh lemon juice!
More Popular Instant Pot Rice Recipes
The Instant Pot is a wonderful way to make rice of all kinds, including these favorite recipes:
- Taco Rice is a fast one-pot recipe with Tex-Mex flavor and just the right amount of spice.
- Instant Pot Saffron Rice Pilaf with Almonds is a nutty and beautifully yellow rice dish with fragrant saffron flavor.
- Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is a one-pot dinner with greens, protein and rice in a savory cheese sauce.
Do you LOVE this recipe?
Leave us a review below to tell us why!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish if desired
- Select Sauté and add butter to cooking pot. When hot, add the rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rice becomes opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, lemon juice, and salt. Cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and set timer for 4 minutes.
- When the cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then use a Quick Pressure Release.
- When the valve drops carefully remove lid. Fluff rice with a fork and serve immediately. Optional, garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
FOR MORE FROM PRESSURE COOKING TODAY
🥘 Browse our collection of the best pressure cooker / Instant Pot recipes.
💬 Follow Pressure Cooking Today on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates.
👥 Join our Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group. Our positive community of pressure cooking fans use all brands of electric pressure cookers, so it’s a great resource if you have questions about your particular brand.
🥧 If you’re interested in more than just Instant Pot recipes, follow us at Barbara Bakes. There we post amazing breakfasts, breads, and the best dessert recipes!