A quick and easy, family friendly Pressure Cooker American Goulash recipe. Whether you make this in your Crockpot Express or other brand of electric pressure cooker, this is one meal your family will ask you to make again and again.
Today’s post is a guest post by Nicole Burkholder. Nicole blogs at Simple and Seasonal and created this Pressure Cooker American Goulash using her Crockpot Express pressure cooker. Take it away Nicole:
~~ ♥ ~~
Crockpot Express / Pressure Cooker American Goulash
Authentic Hungarian Goulash (also spelled Gulyas) has very little in common with American Goulash. We had a sweet little Hungarian lady in our church years ago, and she would make Goulash for potlucks. It had rich flavors and a deep red color. She even made fresh pasta dough to add to the soup before serving.
This Crockpot Express American Goulash is not anywhere on the level of it’s overseas cousin, but it is delicious, kid-friendly and quick.
My name is Nicole Burkholder and my website is called Simple and Seasonal. I publish recipes, household tips and ideas for kids with a special emphasis on making holidays special all year long. I love a good party!
Lately, I’ve been publishing lots of Crockpot Express recipes because I’ve just fallen in love with this amazing appliance!
The Crockpot Express is very similar to the Instant Pot.
It has the same basic functions and works in the same way. There are a few differences, though.
- The Crockpot Express has a non-stick inner pot instead of stainless steel.
- CPE does not have a “manual” button-instead you select a preset button and then adjust the pressure or time if needed
- CPE comes in the 6 quart size only
- From my experience, the CPE seems to cook a bit faster than the IP
- CPE is less expensive than IP
Please come visit me at Simple and Seasonal for more great Crockpot Express recipes or just ideas for making life simpler and holidays happier! If you’re already a Crockpot Express owner, we’d love to have you join our Crockpot Express Community on Facebook.
Crockpot Express American Goulash
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 c chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups large elbow macaroni (dry)
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Press Brown/Saute (then start) and add the ground beef, pepper, garlic and onion. Cook on high until the meat is browned and crumbled. Press Start/Stop. Drain excess fat. Return meat mixture to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed. Do not stir.
- Close the lid, set the steam release valve to closed. Press Steam (high pressure) and adjust time to 4 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is done, do a quick pressure release. Open the lid and stir. Remove the bay leaves. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread!
Thanks Nicole for sharing what you love about the Crockpot Express Pressure Cooker with us. This Pressure Cooker American Goulash recipe looks like a must try.