Artichoke chicken is a quick, easy, Instant Pot chicken dinner recipe. Smoked paprika gives this Pressure Cooker Artichoke Chicken tons of flavor as well as a pretty color. A quick, easy, chicken dinner recipe you can make in your InstaPot with what you have on hand in your pantry!
There’s a recipe for every celebration starting with Thanksgiving and Christmas, but also a fun New Year’s Eve soup party section, Valentine’s dinner, Chinese New Year, Easter Brunch/Dinner, Cinco De Mayo, 4th of July, breakfast, and ending with a sandwiches and starters section.
I was especially drawn to the Christmas recipes section with fondue, cider, hot chocolate, and a cranberry pecan baked brie recipe that is SO delicious.
This recipe is also from the Christmas section. I had intended to make the slow cooker version of the recipe, so I could test the slow cooker function on the new Crockpot Express Multi-cooker. I ran out of time to do the slow cooker version while the light was still good for pictures, so I decided to transform it into a pressure cooker recipe.
Slow cooker recipes are easy to transform to the pressure cooker because they typically include liquid – a necessity in the pressure cooker. You’ll find more information about converting recipes into pressure cooker recipes on my How To Convert A Recipe Into A Pressure Cooker Recipe post.
Making Artichoke Chicken in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this delicious Artichoke Chicken!
The original recipe in the cookbook is a Mushroom Artichoke Chicken recipe. I’m not a huge mushroom lover, so I didn’t make a trip to the store to get the missing mushrooms. All the other ingredients I had on hand.
The marinated artichoke hearts and the smoked paprika give the sauce lots of flavor, without adding much heat. The original slow cooker recipe used 2 cups of chicken broth and a 4 hour cook time on low.
This Instant Pot chicken recipe was a hit with my family. I’m sure it will be a hit with yours as well, whether you slow cook it or pressure cook it.
Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (14-.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (14-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepared rice or pasta, for serving
- Preheat pressure cooking pot using the sauté button. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Melt butter in the pressure cooking pot. Add 2 chicken breasts and brown until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Add chicken broth and thyme to the pressure cooking pot. Add browned chicken. Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and 5 minute cook time. When time beeps, do a quick pressure release to release the pressure.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Push chicken to one side of the pot and add cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Select Sauté and stir constantly until sauce thickens and boils.
- Stir in artichoke hearts
- Serve chicken and sauce over prepared rice or pasta.
Notes: The original recipe included 1/2 lb. mushrooms, trimmed, washed and halved. Sauté the mushrooms before browning the chicken and stir them in at the end.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.