Pressure Cooker Chicken Lazone is fresh chicken breasts, seasoned, cooked, and served with a rich cream sauce. Pressure cooker chicken recipes don’t get much easier than this delicious dinner!
Making Chicken Lazone in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this delicious Chicken Lazone!
This Pressure Cooker Chicken Lazone is a pressure cooker (Instant Pot) version of a detectably rich recipe sent to me by a Pressure Cooking Today reader. Chicken tenders coated in spices, briefly fried in butter, pressure cooked until the chicken is tender, mixed with cream to make a decadently delicious sauce and served over pasta.
Christy, a sweet Pressure Cooking Today reader, sent me an email a couple of months ago and told me, “Thanks for your wonderful website! You’ve made me look like a superstar in my kitchen with all your wonderful recipes you post!”
She went on to ask for help converting a favorite Chicken Lazone recipe to a pressure cooker recipe, and sent me a link to the recipe.
Christy found the recipe on South Your Mouth, who adapted the recipe from a recipe on Plain Chicken. I also found tons of other recipes for Chicken Lazone online, but believe the original recipe comes from the restaurant Brennan’s in New Orleans. Brennan’s is a super popular restaurant famous for their Banana’s Foster.
I can see why Christy is crazy about this chicken recipe.
Pressure cooker chicken Lazone is super easy to make, flavorful, rich and delicious. The perfect comfort food.
Thanks Christy for sharing it with me. My family loved it as much as you do.
I’m updating this easy chicken lazone recipe with a fun new video. It gives a great example of how you thicken a sauce in the pressure cooker without taking the meat out of the pot.
Put this easy chicken recipe on your menu for this week. You’ll be glad you did.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups heavy cream*
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 10-12 oz. spaghetti, prepared according to package directions
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and toss with your hands to coat the chicken with spices.
- Select Sauté/Browning and preheat the pressure cooking pot. When hot, add the butter and oil and stir until butter is melted. Briefly sauté the chicken a few pieces at a time on both sides and remove to a plate.
- When all the chicken has been sautéed. Add the chicken broth and chicken to the pressure cooking pot. Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and 3 minute cook time. When time beeps, do a quick pressure release to release the pressure.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Push chicken to one side of the pot and add cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Select Sauté and constantly stir until sauce thickens. Turn off pressure cooker and gradually stir in heavy cream.
- Serve chicken and sauce over spaghetti sprinkled with parsley.
*To lighten it up some have used as little as 2 tablespoons cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1673 Total Fat: 66g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 33g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 1733mg Carbohydrates: 207g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 9g Protein: 61g
More delicious chicken recipes to try: