Pressure Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad is a quick and easy pressure cooker chicken recipe, perfect for the warmer days ahead. The homemade cilantro lime dressing really makes this a salad you’ll want to make again and again.
One of my daughter’s favorite dinners is Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad. It’s a Cafe Rio style salad loaded with Cilantro Lime Rice, beans, tomatoes, avocado, and chips, and drizzled with a flavorful Cilantro Lime dressing. She usually adds grilled chicken to the salad, but she asked me if I could convert it into an easy-to-make pressure cooker version she could make when she didn’t want to grill.
Making Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad in Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this delicioius Lime Chicken Taco Salad!
I diced the chicken so it only needs to cook 2 minutes at high pressure. The chicken will release liquid as it cooks, so the juices in the canned tomatoes and chiles is all the liquid you’ll need.
Make the Cilantro Lime Dressing earlier in the day so it has time to chill. If you only have one pressure cooker, I would make the Cilantro Lime Rice first; remove it to a dish and cover it to keep warm while you make the chicken.
My daughter came over for lunch last week with the grandkids and I made this salad for them. She loved the pressure cooker version and it will be a regular at her house. I hope you’ll love it too.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup jarred chunky salsa verde
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 large chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel Original or Mild)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- For serving: Cilantro lime rice, shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, shredded cheese, avocado, tortilla chips for serving
- Prepare Cilantro Lime Dressing: In a blender jar, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, salsa, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pulse until well combined. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Select Sauté and when hot, add oil and onion to pressure cooking pot. Sauté onion for 3 minutes. Add chicken and sauté for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, cumin, and black pepper. Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and 2 minutes cook time.
- When timer beeps, use a quick pressure release to release the pressure. Remove the lid. Select sauté and cook stirring frequently, until liquid has cooked off. Stir in black beans and cilantro.
- Serve over lettuce topped with chicken, cilantro lime rice, cheese, avocado, crushed tortilla chips, and cilantro lime dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 951mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
If you like the pressure cooker cilantro lime chicken taco salad recipe, you might like these Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Mexican Recipes, too:
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchilada Pasta, Pressure Cooking Today
- Pressure Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas, Pressure Cooking Today
- Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde, Two Peas & Their Pod
- Low-Carb Green Chile Pork Taco Bowl, Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Pressure cooker Chipotle Shredded Beef, Taste & Tell