Coconut Vanilla Syrup is an easy pancake syrup made in an electric pressure cooker! Make breakfast special with this better-for-you pancake syrup. This Instant Pot Coconut Vanilla Syrup recipe would be perfect for special breakfast for holiday guests, or for your family any day of the week.
Today’s pressure cooker breakfast recipe is the second recipe I’m sharing from a new pressure cooker cookbook with a healthy twist, Master the Electric Pressure Cooker: More Than 100 Delicious Recipes from Breakfast to Dessert, by the talented duo Cami Graham and Marci Buttars.
Marci is a fellow Utah blogger and former recipe contributors on Pressure Cooking Today. In September, I shared their Pressure Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Rice from the cookbook. Today, I’m excited to share their Pressure Cooker Coconut Vanilla Syrup recipe.
How to make Coconut Vanilla Syrup in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this Coconut Vanilla Syrup!
Marci asked herself – Can breakfast syrup be healthy? Okay, at least healthier?
Luckily, she decided, it can with the power of the pressure cooker! She combined lite coconut milk and maple syrup to make a better-for-you topping for whole grain pancakes. A breakfast you can feel good about serving your family.
Coconut Vanilla Syrup Recipe
- 14-ounce can lite unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt to the pressure cooker pot. Whisk until combined. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release
- Using the saute function, simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring often, to thicken slightly. Pour into a Mason jar and top with a Mason Jar pour cap.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Shake well before each use.
Note: Do not substitute the lite coconut milk with full fat coconut milk. The full fat milk tends to separate more when it's chilled
More topping recipes like the coconut vanilla syrup you might like: