Tart fresh cranberries in a sweet orange sauce are topped with cubed Challah bread soaked in butter, milk, and eggs, and then “baked” to create a bread pudding style French Toast. This luscious Pressure Cooker Cranberry Baked French Toast is a perfect holiday breakfast.
One of my favorite summer breakfast is baked French toast. I like to go to the Farmer’s market, pick up a great loaf of bread, and buy whatever fruit is in season.
Since it’s cranberry season, I thought it would be fun to make a cranberry baked French toast. Oranges are also in season and sweet oranges are the perfect pair with tart cranberries.
Making Cranberry Baked French Toast in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this delicious Cranberry Baked French Toast!
I’m in love with Pressure cooker bread pudding, so I decided to make my cranberry baked French toast in the pressure cooker instead of baking it in the oven. I’m so glad I did. The pressure cooker version was great. The sweet tart cranberry orange sauce on the bottom was the perfect addition to the rich, tender French toast.
Of course, technically this “baked” French toast isn’t baked and it isn’t your typical French toast. So if you don’t like sweets for breakfast, just make it for dessert and tell your family it’s Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding. Either way you serve it, your guests will be glad you did.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, washed
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Finely grated zest from 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf Challah bread, cubed
- Bring cranberries, orange juice, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until the berries have popped and thickened slightly about 5 minutes. (You can also cook the sauce in your pressure cooker using the saute function.) Remove from heat.
- Pour into a buttered 7x3” cake pan, or similar glass or metal baking dish. (Be sure it fits in your pressure cooking pot.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Add milk, beaten eggs, orange zest, vanilla, and salt. Mix in cubed bread. Let rest until the bread absorbs the milk, stirring occasionally.
- Spread bread mixture on top of cranberry sauce in pan. Prepare a foil sling for lifting the dish out of the pressure cooking pot by taking an 18” strip of foil and folding it lengthwise twice.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooking pot and place the trivet in the bottom. Center the pan on the foil strip and lower it into the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker, and do a quick pressure release to release the pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid.
- Remove dish from pressure cooking pot. If desired, put dish under the broiler to brown up the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake by TIDBITS
Instant Pot Ham by The Typical Mom
Instant Pot Creamed Spinach by Stay Snatched
Instant Pot Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Bread by Herbivore Cucina
Instant Pot Eggnog Stuffed French Toast by Devour Dinner
Instant Pot Bacon & Herb Scalloped Potatoes by Sweet N Sassy Eats
Pressure Cooker Cranberry Baked French Toast by Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot Peanut Clusters by Cooking with Karli
Creamy Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole by Instant Pot Eats
Instant Pot Applesauce by The Butter Half
Instant Pot Cornmeal Dumplings by Enhance Your Palate
Instant Pot Cranberry Meatballs by Life Made Simple
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip by Happy Healthy Mama
Instant Pot Maple Mustard Turkey Breast by Greens & Chocolate
Instant Pot Garlic & Herb Carrots by Piping Pot Curry
Delightfully Delicious Deviled Eggs by My Imperfect Kitchen
Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Pecan Rice Pilaf by 365 Days of Slow Cooking and Pressure Cooking
Instant Pot White Chocolate Creme Brulee with Candy Cane Sugar Shell by Instant Pot Cooking
Instant Pot Whole Tandoori Chicken by Ministry of Curry
Instant Pot Caramelized Bacon Green Beans by Jenuine Home/Instant Pot Creations