A crustless quiche loaded with ham, bacon, sausage and cheese that “bakes” up light and fluffy in the pressure cooker. This Pressure Cooker Crustless Meat Lovers Quiche is a pressure cooker version of my popular Meat Lovers Quiche recipe on Barbara Bakes.
Recently I joined an enthusiastic Facebook pressure cooking group, the Instant Pot Community. Someone in the group asked if it was possible to make a crustless quiche in the Instant Pot. I thought it was a great idea, so I decided to give it a try. I’m so glad I did. It was a delicious way to start the day.
Making Crustless Meat Lovers Quiche in an Instant Pot
When I make my Egg Muffins in the Pressure Cooker, I like to add the meats and cheeses to the cups and pour the egg over the top so the meats are evenly distributed. I did the same thing for my quiche, using a 1 quart soufflé dish.
I cooked the quiche once without foil and the second time with foil. Both times there was a little bit of water on top of the quiche, but it doesn’t really cause a problem. I just used a corner of a paper towel to soak up the water.
The first time I served the quiche without putting extra cheese on top and putting it under the broiler, but my husband said it would look prettier with golden brown cheese on top.
So the second time I made it, I added the cheese and broiled it for just a few minutes and it really did add a lot to the presentation. If you have time do it. If you don’t have time, or don’t want to heat up the house with the oven, just skip it. The taste was pretty much the same.
Although this quiche does take 30 minutes to cook in the pressure cooker, it’s not hands on time and I didn’t have to worry about it burning in the oven if I left it unattended. In fact the second time I made it, I put it in the pressure cooker and went and took a shower.
My husband is a meat lover, but if you’re a veggie lover, I’m sure you could substitute your favorite veggies for the meat. If you give it a try, please comment and let me know what veggies you used.
Pressure Cooker Crustless Meat Lovers Quiche
- 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cooked ground sausage
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Put a metal trivet in the bottom of the pressure cooker pot and add 1 cup water.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add bacon, sausage, ham, green onions, and cheese to a 1 quart soufflé dish and mix well. Pour egg mixture over to top of the meat and stir to combine.
- Loosely cover the souffle dish with aluminum foil. Use an aluminum foil sling to place the dish on the trivet in the pressure cooking pot. Lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and 30 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn off, wait 10 minutes, then use a quick pressure release.
- Carefully open the lid, lift out the dish and remove the foil. If desire, sprinkle the top of the quiche with additional cheese and broil until melted and lightly browned.
Pressure Cooker Tip: Using a Foil Sling