This Pressure Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Rice is an easy, one-pot meal that’s also super healthy. Load up your Insta Pot with your favorite taco bowl toppings.
It’s cookbook season! So many fun cookbooks are released this time of year. Today’s recipe is from a delicious new pressure cooker cookbook with a healthy twist, Master the Electric Pressure Cooker: More Than 100 Delicious Recipes from Breakfast to Dessert, by Cami Graham and Marci Buttars.
Marci’s background as a pediatric nurse practitioner lead to her passion for creating nutritious family meals using the electric pressure cooker. Their cookbook is filled with recipes you can feel good about feeding to your family.
Marci gave me a sweet shout out in the intro of their cookbook. She said after she bought an electric pressure cooker, she read the manual, but then packed it away in the storage room.
What finally pulled me back in was the day I came upon a blog called Pressure Cooking Today, created by an amazing lady named Barbara. Her love for the pressure cooker was infectious, and her recipes were amazing–I was hooked.
It always makes me so happy to hear that I’m inspiring others to love pressure cooking with electric pressure cookers as much as I do. Especially when they go on to inspire others to pressure cook like Marci and Cami do in their new cookbook.
Making Green Chile Chicken and Rice in and Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this Pressure Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Rice!
This Pressure Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Rice is a good example of the healthy recipes you’ll find in the Master the Electric Pressure Cooker cookbook. It’s easy to prepare, uses better-for-you brown rice, and a can of white beans for extra nutrition and fiber.
The rice and chicken cook in a super flavorful green chile sauce. Then after pressure cooking, you can load it up with more fresh vegetables and your favorite taco bowl toppings.
This recipe was a hit at my house, and I’m sure it will be at your house too.
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs salt and pepper 1 tablespoon oil 1 cup diced onion 3 garlic cloves, minced 4-ounce can green chiles 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups brown rice 12 - 18 ounce bottle of mild salsa verde or green chile sauce 1 - 2 cups chicken broth 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed Toppings: cheddar or pepper jack cheese, chopped avocado, chopped tomato, corn, cilantro, sour cream or yogurt, crushed tortilla chips, lime juice, hot sauce, etc.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-ounce can green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown rice
- 12 - 18 ounce bottle of mild salsa verde or green chile sauce
- 1 - 2 cups chicken broth
- 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add oil into the pressure cooker pot. Using the brown function, heat the oil until hot. Add chicken and brown 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from the pot and set on a plate.
- Select saute on the pressure cooker and add onions (add an extra teaspoon of oil if the pot is dry). Cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Turn off pressure cooker. Add green chiles, cumin, coriander, salt, and brown rice; stir to coat the rice with oil. Pour salsa into a large liquid measuring cup and add chicken broth to equal a total of 3 1/2 cups of liquid. Pour liquid into the pot and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Place chicken on top; do not stir. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 27 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred into bite-sized pieces. Return the chicken to the pot, add the white beans, and stir.
- To serve, spoon into a bowl and add desired toppings.
More pressure cooker chicken recipes you might like:
Pressure Cooker Chinese Lemon Chicken, Pressure Cooking Today
Pressure Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad, Pressure Cooking Today
Pressure Cooker Mediterranean Rice And Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken, Tidbits
Pressure Cooker Hawaiian Haystacks, Tidbits