Pressure cooker honey sesame chicken is one of our easy pressure cooker chicken recipes, allowing you to make your favorite Asian carry-out meals at home! Tender bite size chunks of chicken in a sweet, sticky sauce. A quick, easy to make meal that the whole family will love.
Scott, from Houston recently emailed me asking for help converting a Honey Sesame Chicken slow cooker recipe to a pressure cooker recipe. The chicken recipe was easy to convert and looked like a recipe that my family and my readers would like, so I decided to make it as well.
Making Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Honey Sesame Chicken
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken!
I’m so glad I did. It came together quickly and my family loved it. There was a little bit left over that I had for lunch the next day. I thought it was even better the next day.
Update: Since I first posted this recipe, it has become one of the most popular recipes on Pressure Cooking Today.
The designer who was creating the cover for my electric pressure cooker cookbook, loved this picture and picked it to use on the cover.
Give this pressure cooker honey sesame chicken recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Thanks to Scott for suggesting it.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 lbs.)
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce*
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup honey*
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Seasons chicken with freshly ground pepper. Preheat pressure cooking pot using the saute setting. Add oil, onion, garlic, and chicken to the pot and saute stirring occasionally until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. When timer beeps, turn pressure cooker off and do a quick pressure release.
- Add sesame oil and honey to the pot and stir to combine. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the pot. Select Saute and simmer until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions. Add salt to taste.
- Serve over rice sprinkled with sesame seeds.
*Originally 1 cup honey. I've reduce the honey to 1/2 cup based on feedback but feel free to adjust the sweetness level to taste. Use reduced sodium soy sauce if you prefer things less salty.
Note: You can cook rice at the same time you cook the chicken. Here’s how I to do it. Use a 7×3 inch round cake pan or similar dish, and add rice ingredients – stir to combine. Skip sautéing the chicken in the first step and just sauté the onion and garlic then add the raw diced chicken with the ingredients in step two. Place a rack on top of the chicken in the pressure cooking pot, and place the cake pan on top of the rack. Use this rice recipe https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-white-rice/ and be sure and do a 10 minute natural release.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1418mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 28g