A pressure cooker version of PF Changs popular beef dish. This (Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef is made with flank steak thinly sliced then cooked in a lightly sweet, garlic ginger sauce until it’s melt in your mouth tender.
Kelly, Just a Taste shared a picture of her Mongolian Beef recipe on Facebook and it looked fantastic. I had a request for a non-spicy Mongolian Beef pressure cooker recipe, so that was all the push I needed to turn her stir fry recipe in to a pressure cooker recipe.
Making Mongolian Beef in an Instant Pot
The original recipe is coated with cornstarch and quickly stir fried. In the pressure cooker, it’s best to add thickeners after you cook the beef, so you won’t get a crisp coating in the pressure cooker, but the beef will be much more tender with plenty of rich, flavorful sauce.
This recipe was a big hit with my family. It’s super easy to make and will definitely be making another appearance at our house soon.
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned - do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 1261mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 44g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
More recipes you might like: