Pressure cooker orange chicken is one of the easiest and best pressure cooker chicken recipes to make when you crave an Asian meal at home. Tender bite-size pieces of chicken in a sweet, spicy orange sauce. This delicious Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken can be on the table in about 20 minutes.
When I posted my Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe in January, Elinor, a Pressure Cooking Today email subscriber, emailed me and asked if I would post an orange chicken recipe. Since my family loves orange chicken too, I was happy to create a Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken recipe.
Making Orange Chicken in an Instant Pot
The Recipe Critic has a popular slow cooker orange chicken that uses orange marmalade as a short cut, giving the sauce a bright orange flavor without having to reduce orange juice. I changed the recipe from a slow cooker recipe to a pressure cooker recipe and added a little chili garlic sauce to spice it up just a little bit to balance out the sweetness.
Instead of rice, I served the pressure cooker orange chicken with zucchini noodles and carrot noodles.
I love to use my Spiral Vegetable Slicer. The zucchini noodles are fun to make and fun to eat. I just quickly sauteed them in a frying pan when the orange chicken was finished cooking.
I served this when my daughter and grandsons were visiting and everyone loved it. Definitely give this quick and easy chicken recipe a try. Thanks for the suggestion Elinor.
Update: I’ve updated the recipe with directions on cooking long grain white rice at the same time you pressure cook the chicken. I’ve also added a quick video showing you just how easy it is to make:
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water + 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 green onions, chopped, optional
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Add chicken, soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine. Pressure cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. When timer beeps, turn pressure cooker off and do a quick pressure release. Add marmalade to the pot and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 3 tablespoons water and add to the pot. Select Saute and simmer until sauce is thick and syrupy.
- Serve topped with green onions and red pepper flakes if desired.
Note: You can cook rice at the same time you cook the chicken. Here’s how I to do it. Use a 7×3 inch round cake pan or similar dish, and add rice ingredients. Place a rack on top of the chicken in the pressure cooking pot, and place the cake pan on top of the rack. Use this rice recipe https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-white-rice/ and be sure and do a 10 minute natural release.
The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 200 Fast and Foolproof Recipes for Every Brand of Electric Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1
Paderno World Cuisine 3-Blade Vegetable Slicer / Spiralizer, Counter-Mounted and includes 3 Stainless Steel Blades
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 665mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 26g