This peanut butter cup cheesecake is a creamy peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake with an Oreo cookie crust. The decadent cheesecake drips with milk chocolate ganache and chopped peanut butter cups on top. This is one of our best pressure cooker cheesecake recipes, and a real show stopper!
Connie, a Pressure Cooking Today and a Barbara Bakes reader asked if I could change my Peanut Butter Cheesecake Chocolate Cake in to a pressure cooker cheesecake recipe. I thought that was a great idea.
Making Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake in an Instant Pot
I used my Pressure Cooker Samoa Cheesecake recipe as a starting point, adding peanut butter and chocolate chips to the cheesecake batter. Then I topped it the way the chocolate cake is topped, with chocolate ganache and peanut butter cups.
The result was fabulous.
This Pressure Cooker Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake is super smooth, rich, and creamy. Just a little slice is all you need to satisfy your peanut butter cup cravings.
Connie said her two other favorite cheesecakes are Toffee Coffee Cheesecake and Dulce de Leche Cheesecake. I guess I’ll have to try to create recipes for those flavors soon.
Before you get started, be sure and read my Making Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake posts for additional tips.
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 12-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
- Prepare a 7 inch springform pan by coating it with a non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and butter. Spread evenly in the bottom and up the side of the pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth, blend in peanut butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and flour. Mix in eggs one at a time just until blended; don't over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the springform pan on top of the crust. Cover top of springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooking pot, and place the trivet in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a foil sling* and lower it into the pressure cooking pot. Fold the foil sling down so that it doesn't interfere with closing the lid.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 50 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker. use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid. Remove cheesecake and check the cheesecake to see if the middle is set. If not, cook the cheesecake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the springform pan to a wire rack to cool. Remove aluminum foil. When cheesecake is cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When cheesecake is chilled, prepare topping:
- Place half of the chocolate in a mixing bowl. Heat heavy cream on medium high heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add remain chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool until ganache is thickened but still thin enough to drip down the sides of the cheesecake.
- Spoon chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake, spreading to edges and letting the ganache drip down the sides. Pile coarsely chopped peanut butter cup chocolates on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Make a sling with a 20 inch piece of aluminum foil, folded three times length wise.
Nordic Ware Leakproof Springform Pan, 7 Inch
OXO Good Grips Pressure Cooker Bakeware Sling
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597 Total Fat: 42g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 117mg Sodium: 308mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 39g Protein: 11g