Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Sirloin Tips in Gravy is a hearty meal that’s perfect for fall. Even better—it makes enough that I usually get two meals from one batch.
This Pressure Cooker Sirloin Tips in Gravy is one I’ve been making in the oven for years. (My Three Easy Round Steak Meals.) However, it cooks up so much faster and easier in my pressure cooker, I never make it in the oven anymore.
This meal makes enough that I usually get two meals out of it. When I’m making it fresh, we usually have it for a Sunday dinner and I’ll serve it with mashed potatoes. Then during the week, I’ll serve it again over egg noodles with lots of cracked pepper, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce on top.
Making Pressure Cooker Sirloin Tips in Gravy in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this delicious Sirloin Tips in Gravy!
I love browning the meat in my pressure cooker because it adds so much flavor to the gravy! Don’t skip this step and be sure and brown the meat well. Then, when you add the beef broth to the pot, use a spoon to scrape up the browned bits (aka the fond) off the bottom of the pan to stir in extra flavor.
This recipe is also quite flexible—my local grocery store had sirloin tip roasts on sale, so that’s what I used that, but you could substitute another lean beef roast or round steak.
If you want to freeze some for later, I like to divide leftovers into 2 cup portions in freezer-safe Ziplocs. That way, when something comes up you can have an easy, homemade meal in the freezer for those crazy fall weekends.
Update: These Sirloin Tips in Gravy are so great for busy weeks in the fall and winter. I love to make up a big batch of these beef tips and get two or three meals out of them. I put together a video to show you how easy the recipe is.
You’ll definitely want this one on your menu!
- 5 lb. Sirloin Tip Roast, cubed
- 2 - 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pressure cooker pot, select Browning. When oil is hot, brown the meat in small batches, do not crowd. When all the meat is browned, add onion to pressure cooking pot and saute until tender about 3 minutes.
- Add browned meat and beef broth to onion in pot, cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and 15 minutes cook time. When cook time ends, use a quick pressure release.
- Mix flour and water to make a slurry to thicken the broth. Add slurry to cooked meat and broth in pressure cooker pot. Select Browning and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes until broth is thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beef Stroganoff from Pressure Cooking Today
- Bone-In Beef Short Ribs from Pressure Cooking Today
- Smokey Beef Brisket from Pressure Cooking Today
- Classic Pot Roast and Potatoes from Pressure Cooking Today
- Easy Steak Fajitas from TIDBITS
- Making A Brown Beef Stock from Frieda Loves Bread