This (Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole has all the flavors of stuffed green peppers in an easy-to-make casserole. If you love stuffed green peppers, you’re going to love this Insta Pot casserole.
I’ve made so many sweet online friends because of Pressure Cooking Today. One of them is Genene Abraham. Genene shares my passion for pressure cooking, and she often shares recipes with me that she thinks would make great pressure cooker recipes.
Genene found a Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe on Brooklyn Farm Girl and thought it would be easy to change into a pressure cooker recipe. She asked me if I thought there was enough liquid in the original recipe to pressure cook it, and what I thought the cook time should be.
Since there was only 1/2 cup rice in the recipe we agreed that there probably was enough liquid. I suggested a 4 minute cook time since white rice cooks quickly. Genene tested the recipe and her and her husband fell in love with it.
After her rave review, I decided I needed to make it and share it with you. I’m glad I did. It’s hearty, flavorful and quick and easy. A perfect weeknight meal for the cold winter months ahead. I hope you’ll give it a try too.
Making Pressure Cooker Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this Pressure Cooker Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- handful of spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the pressure cooking pot on the Browning/Sauté setting. Add the ground beef and onion and cook until beef is browned and crumbled. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Stir in green peppers, spinach, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Lock lid in place, select High Pressure and 4 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, do a natural release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure with a quick pressure release.
- Turn off pressure cooker and pour casserole into an oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top of casserole and broil until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
Adapted from Brooklyn Farm Girl Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 608mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 27g
Pressure Cooker Stuffed Cabbage Rolls, Pressure Cooking Today
Pressure Cooker Tex-Mex Chili Mac, Pressure Cooking Today
Pressure Cooker BBQ Bacon Meatloaf, Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot Low-Carb Goulash Soup, Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Chili, Simply Recipes