This Pressure Cooker Potato Salad Recipe is so easy you’ll fall in love with making potato salad again. Cooking the eggs and potatoes together in an InstaPot, and you’ll get quick, perfectly cooked eggs and potatoes every time. This is the best Instant Pot potato salad recipe!
Making Quick Potato Salad in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this Quick Potato Salad!
Old fashioned potato salad is a summer favorite at picnics and barbecues. My mom always made a big bowl of potato salad for family get togethers in the summer. I use to dread making potato salad, but making potato salad in the pressure cooker is quick and easy.
Instead of cooking the eggs and potatoes separately, I just nestle the eggs in between peeled and diced potatoes. After steaming them for four minutes on high in the pressure cooker, the potatoes are tender and the eggs are perfectly cooked.
While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing. I use reduce fat mayonnaise, so it’s a bit healthier. After the cook time is up, let the eggs and potatoes cool for a few minutes, then mix them with the dressing and chill.
This pressure cooker potato salad recipe is so quick and easy, you can make it in the morning before you head to work and it will be chilled and ready to eat when you get home. A perfect side dish for chicken, steak or burgers. I like to serve it with Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
Update: Recently, a neighbor told me this is her favorite pressure cooker recipe that she makes all the time. Since barbecue and picnic season are right around the corner, I decided to update it with some new pictures, a video, and add some parsley to the salad for color.
Pressure Cooker Potato Salad Recipe Video Tutorial
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed*
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the steamer basket in the pressure cooker pot. Add the water, potatoes, and the eggs. Lock lid in place, select High Pressure, 4 minutes cook time and press start.
- When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker and do a quick pressure release. When the pressure is released, carefully remove the lid. Remove the steamer basket from the pressure cooking pot. Put eggs into ice cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, mayo, parsley, pickle juice, and mustard. Add cooled potatoes and gently mix the mayonnaise mixture into the potatoes. Peel and dice three of the cooled eggs and stir into potato salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add more mayonnaise to achieve desired consistency.
- Chill at least one hour before serving. Top with slices of remaining hard boiled egg.
*About 3 pounds of russet potatoes. Readers have used Yukon Golds and red potatoes successfully as well.
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Steamer with Extendable Handle
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1
The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 200 Fast and Foolproof Recipes for Every Brand of Electric Pressure Cooker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.